Server having severe issues (Water doesn’t flow)

zombieheads2

Question

Hello!! A server I am in has been having some severe issues ever since it got launched. One of the biggest issues is that water doesn't flow correctly. When it is picked up, it leaves an air pocket in the ocean and doesn’t fill back in. Also, water flows naturally when placed by the player, but when you try to stop the flow, you cant unless you place a block over every single piece of water. Infinite water sources aren’t possible far as I know in this server LOL. Also, when water interacts with lava, the lava just ... disappears. The only way we can get obsidian is through it being naturally spawned in an underwater ravine, which is just stupid. When you break sugar cane, you have to break all the blocks. Sand and gravel do not fall unless they are placed in the air by the player. Also, doors and beds do not work right (Doors tend to only open one half, or just flat out not let people in, while beds leave the bottom half) Redstone just does not work. Not sure what’s going on, since I haven’t seen anyone talk about something like this before. Is there any way to fix the problem without erasing the progress of the server/ deleting the server? Thank you guys!

1 answer to this question

21 minutes ago, zombieheads2 said:

Hello!! A server I am in has been having some severe issues ever since it got launched. One of the biggest issues is that water doesn't flow correctly. When it is picked up, it leaves an air pocket in the ocean and doesn’t fill back in. Also, water flows naturally when placed by the player, but when you try to stop the flow, you cant unless you place a block over every single piece of water. Infinite water sources aren’t possible far as I know in this server LOL. Also, when water interacts with lava, the lava just ... disappears. The only way we can get obsidian is through it being naturally spawned in an underwater ravine, which is just stupid. When you break sugar cane, you have to break all the blocks. Sand and gravel do not fall unless they are placed in the air by the player. Also, doors and beds do not work right (Doors tend to only open one half, or just flat out not let people in, while beds leave the bottom half) Redstone just does not work. Not sure what’s going on, since I haven’t seen anyone talk about something like this before. Is there any way to fix the problem without erasing the progress of the server/ deleting the server? Thank you guys!

It sounds like one of 2 things:

1. Your tps is low to the point that things are really laggy.

2. A plugin of yours is interfering with the world (Multiverse?)

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Owner of Lifestealed, Labs, Encore, UNOfficially and Observed

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - 5/8/2024

[MOD] 5/8/2024 - Present