Announce Player Achievements: false
Nether World: true
Structures: true
No resource pack
View DIstance: 8
Spawn Protection: 0
Seed: 0

No plugins installed.

Happens when I reset the world after making the changes.

The recent log is

[15:11:09] [main/FATAL]: Failed to start the minecraft server
com.google.gson.JsonParseException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 1 column 1 path $
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.ChatDeserializer.a(SourceFile:495) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.ChatDeserializer.a(SourceFile:545) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.ChatDeserializer.a(SourceFile:541) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.ChatDeserializer.a(SourceFile:549) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.GeneratorSettings.a(SourceFile:217) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServerProperties.<init>(DedicatedServerProperties.java:117) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServerProperties.load(DedicatedServerProperties.java:122) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServerSettings.<init>(DedicatedServerSettings.java:17) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.Main.main(Main.java:64) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:276) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
Caused by: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 1 column 1 path $
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.syntaxError(JsonReader.java:1559) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.checkLenient(JsonReader.java:1401) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.doPeek(JsonReader.java:593) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.peek(JsonReader.java:425) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$29.read(TypeAdapters.java:716) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$29.read(TypeAdapters.java:714) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$35$1.read(TypeAdapters.java:910) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.ChatDeserializer.a(SourceFile:493) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    ... 9 more

Didn't change any of the jsons only opped myself and that's it.

I've tried multiple times with different settings, but it seems like it might be the void preset as there is a another post asking about the same issue, i'm going to try to upload a void preset world.

EDIT: There is a workaround. Create a world in singleplayer with the void preset and then open the worlds folder and zip it's contents. Then upload it to https://www.file.io/ and in the download page copy the download address then in your server without the void preset enabled do "/ul world https://file.io/2bA2B53Qx24L". This will upload the world to the server as ul_world or whatever name you chose. Then in minehut server settings set the world as "ul_world" or whatever. This is my void world that I made. https://file.io/2bA2B53Qx24L.

So it seems that minehut doesn't like the void preset. I haven't tested if it happens with any preset yet.

Edited by auralius
Found a workaround.

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, auralius said:

I'm trying to create a server with these settings,

Max Players: 10
Level Type: Flat
Level Name: world
Generator Settings: minecraft:air;minecraft:the_void
Gamemode: Survival
Force Gamemode: true
PVP: true
Monster Spawning: false
Animal Spawning: false
Flight: true
Difficulty: Easy
Hardcore: false
Command Blocks: true
Announce Player Achievements: false
Nether World: true
Structures: true
No resource pack
View DIstance: 8
Spawn Protection: 0
Seed: 0

No plugins installed.

Happens when I reset the world after making the changes.

The recent log is

[15:11:09] [main/FATAL]: Failed to start the minecraft server
com.google.gson.JsonParseException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 1 column 1 path $
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.ChatDeserializer.a(SourceFile:495) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.ChatDeserializer.a(SourceFile:545) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.ChatDeserializer.a(SourceFile:541) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.ChatDeserializer.a(SourceFile:549) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.GeneratorSettings.a(SourceFile:217) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServerProperties.<init>(DedicatedServerProperties.java:117) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServerProperties.load(DedicatedServerProperties.java:122) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServerSettings.<init>(DedicatedServerSettings.java:17) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.Main.main(Main.java:64) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:276) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
Caused by: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 1 column 1 path $
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.syntaxError(JsonReader.java:1559) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.checkLenient(JsonReader.java:1401) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.doPeek(JsonReader.java:593) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.peek(JsonReader.java:425) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$29.read(TypeAdapters.java:716) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$29.read(TypeAdapters.java:714) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$35$1.read(TypeAdapters.java:910) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.ChatDeserializer.a(SourceFile:493) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    ... 9 more

Didn't change any of the jsons only opped myself and that's it.

I've tried multiple times with different settings, but it seems like it might be the void preset as there is a another post asking about the same issue, i'm going to try to upload a void preset world.

This has been happening to a lot of players recently. My guess is that it has something to do with the new 1.16.5 update in minecraft.

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Owner of Lifestealed, Labs, Encore, UNOfficially and Observed

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - 5/8/2024

[MOD] 5/8/2024 - Present