Plugin/datapack help

tugboat

Question

Hello! I'm trying to install silkspawners (mine spawners with silk touch) and make it so that shulkers always drop 2 shells. silkspawners works for me, because I'm an admin, but my friends are not and it doesn't work for them. I tried researching, but all I got was PEX and luckperms, and I couldn't figure that out. Could someone provide a step by step explanation on how to get one or both of these things on my server, in and way (plugins or datapack)? Thanks SO much.

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, tugboat said:

Hello! I'm trying to install silkspawners (mine spawners with silk touch) and make it so that shulkers always drop 2 shells. silkspawners works for me, because I'm an admin, but my friends are not and it doesn't work for them. I tried researching, but all I got was PEX and luckperms, and I couldn't figure that out. Could someone provide a step by step explanation on how to get one or both of these things on my server, in and way (plugins or datapack)? Thanks SO much.

In order for non-OP users to be able to use SilkSpawner features you need to grant them or their group they belong to the proper permission nodes which I have pasted below for you.

General

• silkspawners.* (false) - Grants access to all other permission (including other wildcard permissions)
  • silkspawners.info (true) - Allows you to see informative messages about the spawners as you place and break them
  • silkspawners.viewtype (true) - Allows you to view the spawner type using /spawner
  • silkspawners.reload (op) - Allows you to reload the plugin and configuration

Placing spawners

• silkspawners.place.* or silkspawners.place.<creaturetype> (true) - Allows you to place a spawner

Crafting spawners

• silkspawners.craft.* or silkspawners.craft.<creaturetype> (true) - Allows you to craft a spawner

Mining spawners

• silkspawners.silkdrop.* or silkspawners.silkdrop.<creaturetype> (true) - Allows you to use silk touch to acquire mob spawner items
  • silkspawners.destroydrop.* or silkspawners.destroydrop.<creaturetype> (true) - Allows you to destroy mob spawners to acquire mob spawn eggs / iron bars / XP (as configured)
  • silkspawners.explodedrop (true) - Allows you to receive drops from exploded spawners

Changing spawners

• silkspawners.changetype.* or silkspawners.changetype.<creaturetype> (op) - Allows you to change the spawner type using /spawner [creature]
  • silkspawners.changetypewithegg.* or silkspawners.changetypewithegg.<creaturetype> (op) - Allows you to change the spawner type by left-clicking with a spawn egg

Free spawners

• silkspawners.freeitem.* or silkspawners.freeitem.<creaturetype> (op) - Allows you to get spawner items in your hand for free using /spawner [creature]
  • silkspawners.freeitemegg.* or silkspawners.freeitemegg.<creaturetype> (op) - Allows you to get a spawner egg in your hand for free using /egg [creature]

Minehut VIP

7/24/19 - Now

Support team member

10/06/2019 - 02-14-2020

Appeal suspensions here                                    Report rule-breakers here                                       Read the rules here

Been playing minehut ever since 2016-17

Boit.png.63027370e8a99b78e907daa410c83600.png

You would need to install a plugin. You can follow this tutorial to set up ranks/permissions:

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png