Why all servers are horrible and how to fix this problem.

suomipoika1q

so basically in each server on Minehut currently, you have to repeat a simple and boring task to gain points that requires no skill at all to do. And what you do with those points is upgrade yourself or unlock new areas just to do the same thing over and over again. I think the reason people play these and make these is because the Minehut community consists of mostly young children. If you don't get what I'm saying, just think of the concepts of servers like farming, skyblock, prison (mining), genpvp, clickers, Lift copy servers (where you stand in a pool to get points and upgrade health, dmg etc..) I guess genpvp and lift would be cool if you had to kill and fight for the generators you're standing it. But instead, they are made so you gain literally nothing from killing and some servers even make the gens/mines protected from pvp. Well ofcourse there's occosially some servers that are unique and different and have a cool original concept, but those servers never get popular or get players because the Minehut children will give up too easily if they don't instantly win. 

I have a suggestion on how to fix this: re-make the featured servers list and add it somewhere on the server where people can see it and don't add boring grinding servers there but instead just good servers with good original concepts so then the players who are tired of grinding and afking and stuff can find good servers to play on.

Edited by awmaan
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, awmaan said:

so basically in each server on Minehut currently, you have to repeat a simple and boring task to gain points that requires no skill at all to do. And what you do with those points is upgrade yourself or unlock new areas just to do the same thing over and over again. I think the reason people play these and make these is because the Minehut community consists of mostly young children. If you don't get what I'm saying, just think of the concepts of servers like farming, skyblock, prison (mining), genpvp, clickers, Lift copy servers (where you stand in a pool to get points and upgrade health, dmg etc..) I guess genpvp and lift would be cool if you had to kill and fight for the generators you're standing it. But instead, they are made so you gain literally nothing from killing and some servers even make the gens/mines protected from pvp. Well ofcourse there's occosially some servers that are unique and different and have a cool original concept, but those servers never get popular or get players because the Minehut children will give up too easily if they don't instantly win. 

I have a suggestion on how to fix this: re-make the featured servers list and add it somewhere on the server where people can see it and don't add boring grinding servers there but instead just good servers with good original concepts so then the players who are tired of grinding and afking and stuff can find good servers to play on.

This all started way back in 2016 during the cookieclickerapocalypse. A player named KaguraMVP (AKA Kagaroo, or more correctly, Fagapoo, hes not around anymore, atleast that I know) created a cookie clicker server which got very popular. After that many rip offs arrived. That was the start of those "idle/grinding" servers.

The thing about those servers is that they are easy to play, to create, and they are addictive, which is key to have players. You may have 100 players joining those servers because of how easy it is to start, 80 quit out of boredom but 20 keep playing because they are addicted. Thats how it works.

Sadly this is currently the reality of minehut. In the past we had more variety of servers, people were less lazy you know? We had a somewhat different community, one that was less focused on worshiping staff and was more focused on having a good time and pwn sum scrubs on good warzone phoenix only.

About minehut consisting of young children, thats not entirely true, specially if you consider that minehut was around in 2015. Theres alot of players from that era that have grown up, I included (OK SURE I ONLY JOINED ON 2016 BUT SHHHH).

To get a good server working, you first need to forget having any player on your server for the first 2 weeks. You gotta focus on making one thing very well done, which will be the main concept of your server. There have been millions of different minehut servers in the past. All you gotta do is ask old players about great servers that were in the past, and make your own best with the ideas you get. You could do a RPG server, one that is not rushed but has atleast 5 different main areas with 50 lvl min. You could also do a cl****ic prison server, with guards and contraband weapons. You could also do a spleef based server with competitive playing. If you create a really good server and you dont give in, you will change minehut's mentality just like KaguraMVP changed when he created his cookie clicker server in the past. Look, another good server: Deathban, you get banned when you die. Trust me somehow this got alot of players in the past. There was this one server named Luuke, pure survival, had 20+ server constantly. Beans, a server where you have a big mine in the middle with ores but pvp is on, etc.

Someone gotta start changing, and if it isnt you then most likely no one will. You just gotta get the right information, right staff (or no staff at all, I did my servers all alone) and good ideas that dont necessarely have to be yours.

• Like 1

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

I SAID C L A S S I C. @Jackson85 plz help us this is getting out of hand

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

13 hours ago, Gaminger said:

This all started way back in 2016 during the cookieclickerapocalypse. A player named KaguraMVP (AKA Kagaroo, or more correctly, Fagapoo, hes not around anymore, atleast that I know) created a cookie clicker server which got very popular. After that many rip offs arrived. That was the start of those "idle/grinding" servers.

The thing about those servers is that they are easy to play, to create, and they are addictive, which is key to have players. You may have 100 players joining those servers because of how easy it is to start, 80 quit out of boredom but 20 keep playing because they are addicted. Thats how it works.

Sadly this is currently the reality of minehut. In the past we had more variety of servers, people were less lazy you know? We had a somewhat different community, one that was less focused on worshiping staff and was more focused on having a good time and pwn sum scrubs on good warzone phoenix only.

About minehut consisting of young children, thats not entirely true, specially if you consider that minehut was around in 2015. Theres alot of players from that era that have grown up, I included (OK SURE I ONLY JOINED ON 2016 BUT SHHHH).

To get a good server working, you first need to forget having any player on your server for the first 2 weeks. You gotta focus on making one thing very well done, which will be the main concept of your server. There have been millions of different minehut servers in the past. All you gotta do is ask old players about great servers that were in the past, and make your own best with the ideas you get. You could do a RPG server, one that is not rushed but has atleast 5 different main areas with 50 lvl min. You could also do a cl****ic prison server, with guards and contraband weapons. You could also do a spleef based server with competitive playing. If you create a really good server and you dont give in, you will change minehut's mentality just like KaguraMVP changed when he created his cookie clicker server in the past. Look, another good server: Deathban, you get banned when you die. Trust me somehow this got alot of players in the past. There was this one server named Luuke, pure survival, had 20+ server constantly. Beans, a server where you have a big mine in the middle with ores but pvp is on, etc.

Someone gotta start changing, and if it isnt you then most likely no one will. You just gotta get the right information, right staff (or no staff at all, I did my servers all alone) and good ideas that dont necessarely have to be yours.

Actually, I've been around from 2016 too and I know that there used ti be better servers. I made good original servers too and I'm currently working on a pretty cool server. Just hard to have motivation because I know no one will probably play it. The minehut community has changed, before there was more players who cared about quality and stuff but now there seems to be only these addicted kids here. Every time nowdays whej I make a server, they play for a few minutes and then give up if they lose or die a few times. And some people cant even figure out how to click the queue sign. 

It wasn't always like this. OGs should remember we actually had some creativity and quality a few years ago. Nowadays we have things like lift season 46.

I agreed with this post until the part where you said lift could be interesting.

• Like 1

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

I agree with @Gaminger 100%

On 1/17/2020 at 4:41 AM, Gaminger said:

• Like 1

Skripter, Builder, Server Owner, Certified Lizard Human.

2757740fb020b4d2a3d04e20ee371bf8.png.ec0bcd241c08d8e2355410a7a264c449.png

Discord: Nic_#0001 (As of 7/1/2021)

IGN: ItzNic_ (ALT: Nectoure)

Give me a moral boost and drop me a like plz ❤️