Jump to content
  • 0
JeddinX

Not able to download world

Question

Hi. I have a city server, and I wish to download the world. However, after I enter /dl world, it says “Compressing world” then “Creating download link”, but it never gives me the download link afterwards! Somebody please help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

This issue happens because the downloading system that Minehut uses isn't working properly. Keep trying every now and again and it should work eventually. You can also check to see if the site is up here

Edited by Koroonotchii

⮞ PRO Rank 
⮞ Minehut Support Team 

⮞ Discord: Koronotchi#0001 
Minecraft Username: Koronotchi 

image.png.18b06ef578c1351b54629539ca2d8ad3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This belongs in Community Support not Skript discussion.


ez

2020-01-08_14.50.01.png?width=400&height=225

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

That's funny,

in each post the same replies.

    "This is not the right category..."
    "Try it again..."
    "Have you done the right things?..."

But no one takes care about the problem, even the mods are doing anything.

The fact is, since the service "transfer.sh" is hosted by storj.io, it doesn't work proberly anymore.

You can read this in many threads....
https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/277
https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/272
https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/271
https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/190
https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/220
https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/198

Same issue here, no one is responsible for this. And storj.io seems to do not really something.

You can check the functionality for your own:
- Download "curl" (e.g. for windows)
- unpack it
- create a text file (e.g. "Hello.txt")
- save it in the same directory
- and do this on the command-line:
    
    curl --upload-file ./hello.txt https://transfer.sh/hello.txt

You will see it doesn't work... ("could not save metadata")

Conclusion:
When minehut is not changing the "/dl" to another (reliable) file hoster it will not work anymore.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 minutes ago, schrisis said:

That's funny,

in each post the same replies.

    "This is not the right category..."
    "Try it again..."
    "Have you done the right things?..."

But no one takes care about the problem, even the mods are doing anything.

The fact is, since the service "transfer.sh" is hosted by storj.io, it doesn't work proberly anymore.

You can read this in many threads....
https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/277
https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/272
https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/271
https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/190
https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/220
https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/198

Same issue here, no one is responsible for this. And storj.io seems to do not really something.

You can check the functionality for your own:
- Download "curl" (e.g. for windows)
- unpack it
- create a text file (e.g. "Hello.txt")
- save it in the same directory
- and do this on the command-line:
    
    curl --upload-file ./hello.txt https://transfer.sh/hello.txt

You will see it doesn't work... ("could not save metadata")

Conclusion:
When minehut is not changing the "/dl" to another (reliable) file hoster it will not work anymore.

While I completely understand, the reason why we are limited to how we can help players with this is because it's completely out of Minehut's power and we have to rely on the downloading site for it to be fixed.

  • Like 1

⮞ PRO Rank 
⮞ Minehut Support Team 

⮞ Discord: Koronotchi#0001 
Minecraft Username: Koronotchi 

image.png.18b06ef578c1351b54629539ca2d8ad3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi,

yes you are right. Minehut relies on a service which is not reliable anymore.

The problems have been going on for months and storj.io cannot fix them.

Maybe it will work tomorrow, or next week, or next month, or even never.

Minehut can do nothing but change the file hoster, maybe file.io is an alternative. File.io is already recommended by minehut for uploading files.

Maybe they can change the file hoster in the "/dl" command. File.io can also adressed by the "curl" command.

The next alternative is to host the file server be themselves. The source for transfer.sh is free of charge on github.

Greetings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, schrisis said:

Hi,

yes you are right. Minehut relies on a service which is not reliable anymore.

The problems have been going on for months and storj.io cannot fix them.

Maybe it will work tomorrow, or next week, or next month, or even never.

Minehut can do nothing but change the file hoster, maybe file.io is an alternative. File.io is already recommended by minehut for uploading files.

Maybe they can change the file hoster in the "/dl" command. File.io can also adressed by the "curl" command.

The next alternative is to host the file server be themselves. The source for transfer.sh is free of charge on github.

Greetings

Ok, but then if transfer.sh maybe won't work EVER, does that mean our worlds (and mine) will be locked in minehut until storj.io fixes transfer.sh? 

PS I suggest minehut to add a feature in the panel that you can download worlds from THERE.

Edited by JeddinX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 minutes ago, JeddinX said:

Ok, but then if transfer.sh maybe won't work EVER, does that mean our worlds (and mine) will be locked in minehut until storj.io fixes transfer.sh? 

PS I suggest minehut to add a feature in the panel that you can download worlds from THERE.

It's only my speculation that transfer.sh will never ever work, but it seems that the priority from storj.io is not on transfer.sh.

But you are right if transfer.sh is not fixed your world will stuck in minehut forever until minehut will implement another solution.

It would be a good idea to add this feature in the panel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thanks so much. Is there any way that I can contact Minehut so I can (in any way other that transfer.sh) ask them to somehow download my world?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Don't know how to contact the Minehut Mods. Thought that at least one of them was reading along and taking care of the problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, JeddinX said:

Thanks so much. Is there any way that I can contact Minehut so I can (in any way other that transfer.sh) ask them to somehow download my world?

I would recommend contacting support here


⮞ PRO Rank 
⮞ Minehut Support Team 

⮞ Discord: Koronotchi#0001 
Minecraft Username: Koronotchi 

image.png.18b06ef578c1351b54629539ca2d8ad3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...