Question

Hello there. I am providing an anarchy server on minehut (UbUt.minehut.gg) and i need to make backups of the world however i am unable to do so. It is absolutely critical for the server for me to make backups just in case so if the world for example gets corrupted or otherwise something like that happens i can upload a backup. One of the servers key values is to never reset the world and the fact that i can't make backups absolutely threatens that.

I did absolutely follow the tutorial by minehut as well i also did /dl world world , /dl world , /download world , /download world and even try to download it in the in game minehut control panel. I pretty much did everything i could.

A possible reason for the errors could be that there is a possibly world.zip file in root/downloads and i can't delete .zip filesor the fact that the world is large (the lastbackup was 754 565 kb large)  and possible even larger by now.

Either way i need to make backups of the server.

Here is one error dialogue that happened

Which world would you want to download?

<Me> world

Creating download link...

Done! Download it here: Could not save metadata

Anyways all help would be appriciated.

Here are screenshots about the issues

2020-01-07_22.36.30.png

2020-01-08_16.23.08.png

2020-01-08_16.28.09.png

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Koroonotchii said:

Sometimes the downloading site doesn’t work, which is out of Minehut’s power. Just keep trying every now and again and it will work eventually

however i am still unable to make the backup it never seems to work. I'v already tried it for a few days. If transfer.sh will not work at all the integrity of my server is put on the line.  The server is absolutely dependent on backups.

This topic has been raised in other threads e.g. 

The inability to download your world is a result of transfer.sh being broken as you can see in github issue threads from over a year ago https://github.com/dutchcoders/transfer.sh/issues/190 - you can also check it by yourself trying to use the sites API - you get the exact message which is propagated to minehut: "Could not save metadata"

Considering how long this is going on one can assume it won't be solved by transfer.sh anytime soon and needs to resolved actively by Minehut - either switching to a different file hosting provider or in any other way.

Sometimes the downloading site doesn’t work, which is out of Minehut’s power. Just keep trying every now and again and it will work eventually

Edited by Koroonotchii
  • Thanks 1

Junior Mod (01/04/2020) - Resigned 

Discord » Koronotchi#0001 
Minecraft Username » Koronotchi 

image.png.17a385f298c8969f6b1cf03e27ee50d3.png