I would like access to the panel while the server is in hibernation. I would like home, server appearance, world settings, server properties, plugins, file manager, danger zone. It would be like how the home page is in the panel right now except when you press the start button, that is when your server goes out of hibernation and does the loading. Thank you.

I'd definitely love this! I think the purpose of the 30 second or so wait time is just to play an ad though which sucks imo. If that is the case it's probably unlikely this will get changed unfortunately.

@Hexcede I would not care if the advertisement appeared when you pressed the 'start' button on the home page of the panel to make the server start. I just don't like that I cannot instantly edit the various settings, options and plugins during hibernation. The server has to do the whole process of starting up until I can edit anything, and at this point the server is running and then I have to restart the server for my changes to take effect. It is just frustrating! I have the minehut tab muted so the advertisement does not bother me.

10 hours ago, Erikkson20 said:

@Hexcede I would not care if the advertisement appeared when you pressed the 'start' button on the home page of the panel to make the server start. I just don't like that I cannot instantly edit the various settings, options and plugins during hibernation. The server has to do the whole process of starting up until I can edit anything, and at this point the server is running and then I have to restart the server for my changes to take effect. It is just frustrating! I have the minehut tab muted so the advertisement does not bother me.

That's actually a pretty good argument to be honest. I think I agree with this then, I would like to see ads moved to the control panel rather than on the wait screen. Tbh "We are moving your server to a high performance, ddos protected host. This can take over a minute." is probably bs as well but I don't have any idea how things work under the hood so maybe they are more complicated than I think and they genuinely copy your entire MC server onto a new host server.

You could probably write a site mod to invoke the callback for the "go to panel" button before then but they're using some JS framework which makes it harder to do that if this doesn't get changed any time soon.

Edited by Hexcede
  • Administrator

Servers are stored as zip files on a file server. When you request to start your server, it's downloaded, unzipped, and run on one of our host boxes. That's the process that happens when you see the video and "your server is transferring." It's not possible to let you edit the file manager until this process is complete. We are looking at ways to let you edit plugins (just install / uninstall, not edit plugin configs) and server properties while your server is offline as that is possible.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Trent said:

Servers are stored as zip files on a file server. When you request to start your server, it's downloaded, unzipped, and run on one of our host boxes. That's the process that happens when you see the video and "your server is transferring." It's not possible to let you edit the file manager until this process is complete. We are looking at ways to let you edit plugins (just install / uninstall, not edit plugin configs) and server properties while your server is offline as that is possible.

Thanks for this info! I did a lot of digging into the Minehut panel before reading your reply and I've written a tampermonkey script which disables the 30 second timer (which is why I thought the transferring bit was bs). It appears the panel already supports the ability to disable this wait timer and the transferring process is rather quick (~3-6 seconds from a few tests). A side effect of this is the YouTube embed normally shown is hidden since the transferring page is immediately hidden when the server starts up.

Am I allowed to release this code on the forums or would I be breaching TOS by distributing code to bypass the 30 second timer? Thanks for your time and your input! 😄

Edited by Hexcede
  • Administrator
On 1/3/2020 at 11:42 AM, Hexcede said:

Thanks for this info! I did a lot of digging into the Minehut panel before reading your reply and I've written a tampermonkey script which disables the 30 second timer (which is why I thought the transferring bit was bs). It appears the panel already supports the ability to disable this wait timer and the transferring process is rather quick (~3-6 seconds from a few tests). A side effect of this is the YouTube embed normally shown is hidden since the transferring page is immediately hidden when the server starts up.

Am I allowed to release this code on the forums or would I be breaching TOS by distributing code to bypass the 30 second timer? Thanks for your time and your input! 😄

The actual transfer process is almost always at least 30 seconds.