GUIDE - How to promote and accept staff members!

unregistration

Hello! This is a guide about how to manage and maintain a staff team! In this guide, you will learn the basic permissions of different staff teams and how and what they do! I will also give you a list of basic roles to give your staff members when they first join. I will also show you how to promote someone/demote someone. I hope you enjoy!

Making an application!

The best way to make an application is to have a set of basic questions and hard ones asking about a situation. 

Here is a great example! (You may use it!)

Name:

When did you first join?
Who do you know on the staff team?n

Do you have any experience in moderation?

Have you ever been staff before on any server?

Are you able to join staff calls?

Asking questions that you know are hard to lie on is the best to do! 

It'll also give the applicant some relieve that they wont have to answer incredibly hard questions during the application. 

Make sure to give ALL applicants interviews!

It's SO important to give the applicant an interview so they can get to know you and you can get to know them. The best way to start an interview is to introduce your self and let them know what you do and what you expect. Let them know that you are there for them and will help them. The next step is to ask some questions. Always make sure that these questions are going to be asked to everyone who applies. You can also ask questions just for that person.

The best questions to ask are ones of situations. Such as - Someone gets muted and the community is mad about it. What would you do? This question is a great one. You'll be able to get an idea of what they will do in a situation such as this one. 

Accepting applicants!

This step is the hardest one, you need to take every bit of information into play. You need to make sure the applicants are active enough. If they aren't then just take them off of your list. Make sure that they are dedicated to the server, and make sure they help around your server. Pick the best out of them all and make sure to double check they are.

Breaking the news!

This is probably the best and worst part! People will be mad and happy. You should find a time dedicated to looking over applications and posting the accepted applicants. I would recommend announcing it on discord and letting them introduce themselves to the community as staff members.

What ranks should I have on my server?

There are different types of ranks you could have. Here is a list I recommend:

Junior Moderator

This rank is a trial and should last around 2 months. You will need to teach them the basics of your staff team and how to work with others!

This is the end of the Junior Moderator's trials and this is the next step. They should be knowledgeable on the server and how to work with others.

Senior Moderator

This is a HUGE step up. They should be able to help other staff members and be able to manage them and teach them. Also ability to help with the application process.

Admin

This rank is the highest someone should be able to go. They manage the staff team and train them. They should be able to make important decisions. They need to be able to lead teams and report to the owners the staff teams behaviors and progress.

END!

Thank you all for reading this and I hope it helps!
If you want a part 2 please comment and like!

Edited by unregistration
color fix <3 // rewording
  • Thanks 1

APPEAL  FEATURED SERVERS ♛ MY PROFILE 

♛ V.I.P and 2014 OG

♛ Like if I helped!

Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 7.03.28 PM - Display 1.png

Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 8.01.46 PM - Display 1 - Edited.png

1369657623_Screenshot2019-12-02at3_38.36PM-Display1.png.43f4c8a27b5d352fcaf0a71ae2d79465.png

1337289759_Screenshot2019-12-02at3_48.12PM-Display1.png.f5f956b0c8c7409285e73362442ca8b6.png\

655486994_Screenshot2019-12-02at5_49.56PM-Display1.png.67bb688bd70e7631685a905a1ae8b071.png

2 minutes ago, Underachievers said:

I don't see the correlation between knowing certain staff and finding out how mature someone is.

It's a question I see very often. That's a reason why I put it. Staff knowing the player is also to make sure they will be able to talk to someone if they make it to the staff team.

APPEAL  FEATURED SERVERS ♛ MY PROFILE 

♛ V.I.P and 2014 OG

♛ Like if I helped!

Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 7.03.28 PM - Display 1.png

Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 8.01.46 PM - Display 1 - Edited.png

1369657623_Screenshot2019-12-02at3_38.36PM-Display1.png.43f4c8a27b5d352fcaf0a71ae2d79465.png

1337289759_Screenshot2019-12-02at3_48.12PM-Display1.png.f5f956b0c8c7409285e73362442ca8b6.png\

655486994_Screenshot2019-12-02at5_49.56PM-Display1.png.67bb688bd70e7631685a905a1ae8b071.png

You can always work alone. 100% of the servers I did were not griefed because of staff abuse. Not that my servers weren't griefed. Totally not minehut's fault on resetting stuff and getting players to abuse Bungeecord...

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

• 1 year later...
On 11/28/2021 at 5:52 AM, bxby_anne said:

If I want to make someone staff does it mean I have to op them too?

No, you can use permission plugins like PermissionsEx, Luckperms, etc to grant certain perms to the player using ranks, I recommend watching a tutorial on how to use them (Luckperms is more user friendly)

• Like 1

assemblyhonk.JPG

youlike.JPG