How do I restart my server?

BM00x

Question

So when I change the server properties, it is telling to to restart the server so the changes will happen. But I can't find a restart button. So how do I restart my server? Do I just stop the server then start it again? Or is there a specific way I have to do it?

18 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Cheneythebest said:

how come when you restart everything is gone and everything in the server is gone?

One of two things have happened: 1. You didn't do /save-all before shutting down your server; or 2. Instead of stopping and starting your server you accidentally selected Reset in the Danger Zone. Nonetheless, unless you have saved your world before the incident, there is a chance that you are able to claim a previous save of your server, this can be requested by submitting a support ticket at https://minehut.com/support. Otherwise, if you did not download your world; or there isn't a save available, there is nothing that can be done to revert the reset.

To add command blocks to your server, go to dashboard>server properties>command blocks and set it to true. Then go to the server panel page of your dashboard and stop then start the server back up. Command blocks should then be activated.

1 minute ago, natasha said:

Alright, I've got it working now it's just the command I am trying to input doesn't seem to be working.

/give Ciscovibes minecraft:skull 1 3 {SkullOwner:Ciscovibes}

Try the command /give Ciscovibes player_head{SkullOwner:"Ciscovibes"}

2 hours ago, Mesti said:

Just saying, restarting a server will restart everything so you have to do  /save-all to prevent that from happening.

Also, beside the STOP button, there's the RESTART button

Hi there,

Necroposting, or replying on posts that haven’t been replied to in over a month is not allowed, unless the post is still relevant such as an active giveaway or a tutorial post.

But it seems like this post doesn't meet those requirements, could a staff lock this please?

I'm just a known player who been playing since the 24 July 2019.

Please don't DM me for support, go here (if you don't mind waiting) or join Minehut's Discord (which is more active) if you need assistance.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:55 PM, pyunbiwi said:

One of two things have happened: 1. You didn't do /save-all before shutting down your server; or 2. Instead of stopping and starting your server you accidentally selected Reset in the Danger Zone. Nonetheless, unless you have saved your world before the incident, there is a chance that you are able to claim a previous save of your server, this can be requested by submitting a support ticket at https://minehut.com/support. Otherwise, if you did not download your world; or there isn't a save available, there is nothing that can be done to revert the reset.

but how do u save the server before leaving?

3 minutes ago, sreynolds1219 said:

but how do u save the server before leaving?

Minehut servers automatically save before hibernating. So long as the server does not crash, or is not forcefully shut down by the owner, it will save.

However please refer to Houlton's guidance that this post is extremely old and necroposting is against the Forum rules.

See those rules here.

- Discord: Brim#0768

image.png.f1adf348277e390065b8e913c0f185d4.png