[Advice] Learn To Tell Players Apart

XARXU

Obviously, this is aimed at those who actually get to know the other people on Minehut, who have conversations with the community, and who take the time to know the people who join their subservers.

Learn how to tell players apart.

Nobody's impressed by owners who treat everyone who enters their server like a rabid 12 year old looking to spam, grief and cause problems. We come from different backgrounds, and while many of Minecraft's player base are extremely young and immature youths, there are others (some youths included) who are chill, mellow, and who have a good head on their shoulders.

This isn't aimed at any one person, I'm applying this to myself as well: treat every new name like a clean slate, and get to know them. There are a ton of trolls out there on the internet, who use sincere-seeming language to troll and harass other people, but that's no excuse to then act like everyone you encounter is a troll, or a troublemaker.

Having run online communities for some 15+ years, and not having a hasty nor impulsive bone in my body (at least no more than the bare minimum any other human might have), I do resent the dismissive tone and language a lot of the older players use towards everybody, as if they're the only older players on Minehut.

No human being is innately "better" than any other, I'm just saying that it's important to judge a person (if one must  judge) on the basis of their merits, not based on a stereotype of Minecraft players (or even Minehut stereotypes).

Now, if someone has been finding themselves lumping in every minehut player, and treating them like they're all the same, I'm game for hearing what your experiences have been and why you have acquired that habit, as well as what you might be doing to get away from that habit. 🙂

"We are all works in progress. Some of us are just
working a little harder at it than others around us may be."

Discord: Muse#0002
MC Name: XARXU
————————————————————

Minehut Member: 2018-2021
[VIP] - 2019-2021
Server Owner - 2019-2021
Valued Customer - ???
————————————————————
“To earn the respect (and eventually love) of your customers, you first have to respect those customers. That is why Golden Rule behavior is embraced by most of the winning companies.”
– Colleen Barrett

I 100% agree with treating all players with the respect they deserve. Assuming that all people are the same is a terrible way to live your life in general. Now if said player shows that they have a wonderful/terrible merit, then I would say that it's alright to have a full opinion on them. Until then though, I would say give all people the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 2

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.

I agree with this 100%, I believe that every player should be looked at with a clean slate, and adding on to that, even if a player has a certain reputation of being say toxic, they should be looked at with a clean slate until proven otherwise, people change, and if they are truly trying to change they should not have their past being focused on more than who they are today, or who they will be tomorrow. 

• Like 1

rsz_axie.jpg

17 hours ago, XARXU said:

Obviously, this is aimed at those who actually get to know the other people on Minehut, who have conversations with the community, and who take the time to know the people who join their subservers.

Learn how to tell players apart.

Nobody's impressed by owners who treat everyone who enters their server like a rabid 12 year old looking to spam, grief and cause problems. We come from different backgrounds, and while many of Minecraft's player base are extremely young and immature youths, there are others (some youths included) who are chill, mellow, and who have a good head on their shoulders.

This isn't aimed at any one person, I'm applying this to myself as well: treat every new name like a clean slate, and get to know them. There are a ton of trolls out there on the internet, who use sincere-seeming language to troll and harass other people, but that's no excuse to then act like everyone you encounter is a troll, or a troublemaker.

Having run online communities for some 15+ years, and not having a hasty nor impulsive bone in my body (at least no more than the bare minimum any other human might have), I do resent the dismissive tone and language a lot of the older players use towards everybody, as if they're the only older players on Minehut.

No human being is innately "better" than any other, I'm just saying that it's important to judge a person (if one must  judge) on the basis of their merits, not based on a stereotype of Minecraft players (or even Minehut stereotypes).

Now, if someone has been finding themselves lumping in every minehut player, and treating them like they're all the same, I'm game for hearing what your experiences have been and why you have acquired that habit, as well as what you might be doing to get away from that habit. 🙂

Were this 3 years ago and I would have done a good Gaminger on you

While I think you're right, its not something that can be achieved. If there are people that IRL treat others like they are the same, then there will surely be people ingame doing the same. I mean its the internet, you ain't got nothing to lose besides a punishment in a game which can be bypassed by using alts anyway. Not saying people should stop treating everyone the same way because its impossible to do that tho.

I gotta admit I am sort of a troll these days on the minehut forums, and I don't think that is wrong as long as I don't break the rules and what I think is morally correct lol

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

8 hours ago, Gaminger said:

Were this 3 years ago and I would have done a good Gaminger on you

While I think you're right, its not something that can be achieved. If there are people that IRL treat others like they are the same, then there will surely be people ingame doing the same. I mean its the internet, you ain't got nothing to lose besides a punishment in a game which can be bypassed by using alts anyway. Not saying people should stop treating everyone the same way because its impossible to do that tho.

I can agree with this 100%

-------------------------------------------------------------
[VIP] - 2018/2019

[JR.MOD] - 28th April 2019
[SR.MOD] - 21st June 2019

[LEGEND] - 28th July 2020 (Resigned)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Discord - Criticyl#0002

IGN - Criticyl