I need someone to help me!

Merp

Ok so I'm looking for someone that will help me write skript and teach me how to write skript. I don't understand a single thing about it. I've watched Trent's video's and his Skript doesn't work for some of the things I want to do. If someone could DM me on Discord and help me that would be great. My user and tag are Allaboutduhmoney#5641.

The purpose of Minehut's Skripting tutorials is to teach you the Syntax of Skript, it's up to you to take that Syntax and change it to what fits your needs.
Though yes, Minehut hasn't gone over a ton of things, there are other resources such as the SkUnity Docs and the Njol Docs, both of which I used to learn skript. I highly recommend looking through them, and the SkUnity forums to teach yourself and get help only when you get really stuck, it'll be better for you in the future if you learn on your own.

2 minutes ago, Umiko_Ahagon said:

The purpose of Minehut's Skripting tutorials is to teach you the Syntax of Skript, it's up to you to take that Syntax and change it to what fits your needs.
Though yes, Minehut hasn't gone over a ton of things, there are other resources such as the SkUnity Docs and the Njol Docs, both of which I used to learn skript. I highly recommend looking through them, and the SkUnity forums to teach yourself and get help only when you get really stuck, it'll be better for you in the future if you learn on your own.

I've tried learning Java, Python, Javascript, and Html. I've never been able to remember them. I don't think I'll be able to remember this either if I learn it.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:23 PM, Merp said:

Just need someone to write skript for some custom mob drops

Minehut has a tutorial for this, but(I'm on mobile)

On death:

If victim is a (entity):

cancel drops

drop (item)

Edited by Nd_

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2019 at 9:27 PM, Nd_ said:

Minehut has a tutorial for this, but(I'm on mobile)

On death:

If victim is a (entity):

cancel drops

drop (item)

Edited by Merp
Wrong

2 hours ago, Merp said:

Fun fact. Tread isn't good at skript. I've tried his skript and they don't work for me.

His skripts do work. You're the one that's not good at skript if you can't figure out why they're not working.

if you have any further problems DM me on discord:
@nicholxs#7891

First Joined: July 2015
VIP: January 2020
Jr.Mod: 1st April 2020
Mod: 16th July 2020

Info:

~ Skript Developer
~ Discord: @nicholxs#0001
~ Previous names: Nichxlxs, Deterno, iHaveSkills, Retrical

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 7:48 PM, Merp said:

Ok so I'm looking for someone that will help me write skript and teach me how to write skript. I don't understand a single thing about it. I've watched Trent's video's and his Skript doesn't work for some of the things I want to do. If someone could DM me on Discord and help me that would be great. My user and tag are Allaboutduhmoney#5641.

To be honest, Trent's and Minehut's videos are very basic and may not teach you a lot. I recommend watching someone who does more in-depth tutorials and leaves a download link to their script so you can look at it and learn from it... That's how I learned and (not to sound cocky) I'm really good at Skript now. You may also find the Skript Documentation helpful, too. You can find it here.

Note:

- Events are things that happen. (ex. on chat, on join)

- Conditions are things that must or mustn't be true or a value. (ex. if arg-1 is set, if {rank.%player%} is "owner"}

- Effects are things that happen when an event happens (and in most cases, a condition is met). (ex. send "Test" to player, broadcast "Hi")

- Expressions are things that represent a value (these can be tricky sometimes). (ex. in an on on chat event, the player saying the message is %player%)

- Types are self-explanatory. (ex. player, block, entity)

- Functions are basically commands that only an event can execute. They can get pretty complicated. Example below;

#Add a hashtag in front of text to make a comment

function death(p: player): #EXAMPLE OF FUNCTION (you can change p to anything you want)
	send "&cYou died!" to {_p}
	add 1 to {deaths.%{_p}%}

on death: #THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF AN EVENT
	if victim is a player: #EXAMPLE OF CONDITION AND TYPE
		death(victim) #EXAMPLE OF EFFECT
		broadcast "&c%victim% &cdied!" #%victim% IS AN EXPRESSION

Hope this helped you 😄

Edited by izzzzthewiz
Typo

» IGN: _iZ_ «

» Joined: 12/18/2016 «

» VIP: 1/13/2018 «