Question about Hosting

Ankh

Question

I was hoping to possibly make a "free" server that I could use for plugin testing and development. This is more of a hobby, which is why I'm not too willing to start dropping large sums of cash on monthly hosting for a premium server.

So, for the question: Would it be posssible to somehow get a "custom" server that offers FTP access so we can upload our own plugins? I've been looking around for a free hosting service that provides this, but so far I've had no luck. Most if not all free hosts either don't have FTP access or it comes with a "catch".

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

Hello @Ankh,

This is a Support Forums for Minehut Support only, If you need help with anything Minehut related it is to be posted here, If you have questions on free services which is not of Minehut I suggest checking other websites that fulfill the support you need. However, we do not allow custom plugins to be added to servers, nor plugins outside of Minehut for copyright reasons and safety of players.

Feel free to reply if you have any questions or concerns.

Axis-Dussk.png.7e3cc55d60f1a61d0247ac69983d51c1.png

We don't allow full FTP access or custom plugins because we're a shared network and that could lead to users doing things we don't want. We also like to control the plugins and their versions to make sure our users, who are often trying to run their first Minecraft server, can run their server as easily as possible 🙂

As a plugin developer myself, I can appreciate your desire. Unfortunately, you won't be able to get that from us.