Gameplay.. or Aesthetics?

lotix

Gameplay or Aesthetics?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Gameplay or Aesthetics?

Yo yo!

I'm interested in the community's opinion on this topic, would you rather join a server with good gameplay and mediocre aesthetics, or a server with good aesthetics and mediocre gameplay?

By the word "aesthetics", I am referring to the quality of builds, graphics and the visual beauty of the server.

n42J3gF.png

both

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

3 hours ago, lotix said:

But which one do you prefer the most, if you had to chose between the 2 😉

Aesthetics is considered as part of gameplay so saying both or gameplay is equivalent.

But jokes aside I already took my pick: Gameplay. You may have awesome buildings and designs without the gameplay you aint gonna enjoy those buildings cuz you'll get bored pretty quickly.

Edited by Gaminger
gRaMmAr

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!

9 hours ago, PyroPi said:

I would say both but more aesthetics since you can have amazing gameplay and story but people will just leave if they see a bunch of dirt builds 

Not what happened on my servers. The buildings were lame yet people joined anyway lol

• 2 weeks later...

Aesthetics are always the first thing a player sees, and can be either a turn-on or a turn-off. It's also wired into gameplay and practically everything else. Gotta have good aesthetics to even consider it a good server. I'm pretty much a picky person though, especially since I'm very visual. 

Don't mind me not being active ingame as much anymore....

modergator since nov 29

I could spawn into the middle of a vast wilderness, no Holographic Displays, no signs with rules on it, no indication of what to do.

I could spawn into the most flashy ripped-from-the-Schematics-website Spawn, there could be Ender Chests, Anvils, dragon heads, etc.

I could span into some Minimalist spawn that just has maybe a platform with a list of commands, and then nothing but wilderness all around.

I could span into a chunk that basically only has portals into different biomes all around me.

You know what's going to decide whether I enjoy it or not?

The Staff.

Here are some questions I would ask myself:

1.) Are the staff social and friendly towards everyone?
2.) Do the staff do a thorough investigation (including talking to someone) before doling out punishments?
3.) Do the staff have a cavalier attitude when acting in their capacity as staff, performing Kicks and Bans, or go "lmao" after?
4.) Can the staff answer questions without being irritable and rude?
5.) If the Owner or his/her staff takes disciplinary action in error, will they undo it if it's pointed out that they acted in error?
6.) Is the Owner and/or their staff, quick to act, and slow to think and analyze a situation?
7.) If you tell the Owner they acted in error, offer to show proof, will they listen or just keep parroting "UR WRONG, U DESERVE BAN"?

The Community

1.) Are the members able to have lucid, sensible conversations?
2.) Are there a bunch of hyperactive kids running around swinging their weapons on everyone?
3.) When someone loses, are they a good sport about it, or do they become toxic? (and do staff handle the toxic ones?)
4.) Are players who don't solely use slang or "txt speak" ridiculed and harassed for it? (ie: "/r/iamverysmart" remarks)
5.) When you bring up serious issues (people using hacked clients or bullying other members), is the reaction to your input positive or negative?

The "/plugins" and "/help" Commands

I can't stress this enough, neither /PL nor /HELP bring any risk to a server nor its operation. If someone thinks they're being clever by using Skript or another plugin to hide the Plugins, or to hide /HELP (which merely lets us see which commands we're allowed to use), I'm not going to be impressed. That shows me that they took the time to conceal perfectly harmless Vanilla elements of a Minecraft Server, rather than other things I will probably encounter that probably should have been a higher priority.

• Like 1

"We are all works in progress. Some of us are just
working a little harder at it than others around us may be."

Discord: Muse#0002
MC Name: XARXU
————————————————————

Minehut Member: 2018-2021
[VIP] - 2019-2021
Server Owner - 2019-2021
Valued Customer - ???
————————————————————
“To earn the respect (and eventually love) of your customers, you first have to respect those customers. That is why Golden Rule behavior is embraced by most of the winning companies.”
– Colleen Barrett