Server wont let me be opped

Question

I am having trouble with my server. I can't be opped. I tried typing "/op bigcowpadilla" in the console, but it didn't work. I tried typing it without the slash in it, and it still didn't work. I stopped and started my server multiple times, and still didn't give me op. When I tried to get myself op, it says nothing and keeps me deopped. I really need help.

9 answers to this question

This should be in community support

Anyway, if that doesn't work, I would suggest installing PEX, and doing /pex user bigcowpadilla add * in the console, which gives you all the permissions except Minehut commands, but you have permission to OP yourself

Moved to Community Support ➡️

Please use the correct category next time.

Support Lead
Senior Moderator
-------------------------------------------------------------
[VIP] - 2018/2019

[JR.MOD] - 28th April 2019
[SR.MOD] - 21st June 2019

-------------------------------------------------------------

Discord - Criticyl#8674

In-game Name - Criticyl

• Senior Moderator

Try checking console logs located at File Manager >> Logs >> latest.log and see if there are any problems.

JR.MOD  August 1st, 2019              Reports & Appeals Team Lead  ↩              MOD  October 1st, 2019

↪  SR.MOD  August 11th, 2020

On 10/5/2019 at 1:51 AM, bigboypadilla9 said:

"/op bigcowpadilla" in the console

You said you typed "/op bigcowpadilla" in console right? be sure to not add any to commands through console as it automatically does it for you.

Also do you have any sort of permissions manager? (PermissionsEx, Group Manager, Luckperms, etc)?

Developer

I know a lot of Skript and learning Java

I'm part of the community events team ( Development )

Feel free to contact me at @Santio71#3822

First Joined: Jan. 24, 2016

[VIP] ~2019

Joined CET: July 22, 2019 (Over a year ago) 

[PRO] May 6, 2020

Rejoined CET: June 15, 2020

himods_1_464x213.pngok3.png.9f407538426375980dbfd1a70bd93a74.pngok2.png.2d1e6960fee974293bc3aaebeb41d5db.png

52 minutes ago, Santio71 said:

You said you typed "/op bigcowpadilla" in console right? be sure to not add any to commands through console as it automatically does it for you.

Also do you have any sort of permissions manager? (PermissionsEx, Group Manager, Luckperms, etc)?

In the minehut console there is no difference between omitting / and adding it, there is in other consoles

On 10/8/2019 at 1:20 PM, Santio71 said:

i dont have any permissions manager