Suggestion regarding the current chat and maybe some ways that might help improve it.

sickclips

Question

So, to start off, I'm going to introduce myself. My name is Corey and I play a lot of roleplay servers and have experienced many different types within the past few years. I feel like my roleplaying skills have improved since I have started and I've been involved in lots of different types
today we are going to be discussing different methods for the chat just as an idea regardless if its added in or not.

So when roleplaying there is multiple perspectives of it, two of those perspectives are.

ICLY - It stands for In-character and is a perspective from your characters shoes and how they would roleplay so its all based on the events that are currently happening.
OOCLY - OOCLY is your perspective from out-of-character so for example this server is oocly because it does not have any effect on the current icly roleplay that you would be doing on the server.

Basically what I'm trying to put out there is that instead of having one big chat where peoples conversations and roleplay's mix there should be separate chats and only the people that are in within 4 blocks should be able to see your text. However for that you could add in /yell commands so that when people do /yell it will allow people to see there text in a much wider range and with that also /whisper.

For oocly things such as help needed or reports or people talking about out of character things, there could be ooc and loocLooc could be used as a local out of character so only the people close to you can talk about out of character things whether as ooc everybody on the server can see that and talk about oocly things together.
Now, moving onto actioning. I believe for actions people should be able to do /me now /me is a method. For example, /me would punch him in the face or /me would look at Jim. With /me the actioning wouldn't be confused as just normal communication and would be clear as people actioning when you type /me in and do the action the text should be in yellow so that its much more easier to read and that's how you know when someone's actioning.

That is all for my suggestion, I hoped you all liked it and if not well at least I tried. Thanks for your time and please consider it.

Edited by sickclips

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet