need suggestion

eventlack

I was gifted some waist beads by a former teacher. She knows I am going through a hard time and she told me that these beads would help me get more in touch with my feminine nature and would make me feel more secure and confident in myself. We shared a really special moment where she filled me in on the cultural and spiritual significance of the beads while she tied them onto me. She is a black woman and I am a white woman. Recently I had someone call me out for being white and having waist beads. I feel as though I am wearing them out of a place of respect and I am not just wearing them as a piece of jewelry african waist beads. Am I in the wrong here? I don’t want to be disrespectful at all, but since these were such a special gift with so much love and support attached to them, I don’t feel as though it’s so wrong to continue to wear them.

5 hours ago, AnderzPlayzz said:

Sorry to say this, but this is a minecraft forum and if you would like advice, ask some of your friends. we are here just to be gamers and all.

its in off-topic its fine

On 5/16/2022 at 2:25 PM, eventlack said:

I was gifted some waist beads by a former teacher. She knows I am going through a hard time and she told me that these beads would help me get more in touch with my feminine nature and would make me feel more secure and confident in myself. We shared a really special moment where she filled me in on the cultural and spiritual significance of the beads while she tied them onto me. She is a black woman and I am a white woman. Recently I had someone call me out for being white and having waist beads. I feel as though I am wearing them out of a place of respect and I am not just wearing them as a piece of jewelry african waist beads. Am I in the wrong here? I don’t want to be disrespectful at all, but since these were such a special gift with so much love and support attached to them, I don’t feel as though it’s so wrong to continue to wear them.

You shouldnt care about what other people think you should wear.

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Lifestealed | Minecraft Servers

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - Present