The Communist Manifesto

Residents

A spectre is haunting Europe – the spectre of communism. All the powers of old Europe have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre: Pope and Tsar, Metternich and Guizot, French Radicals and German police-spies. Where is the party in opposition that has not been decried as communistic by its opponents in power? Where is the opposition that has not hurled back the branding reproach of communism,

I. Bourgeois and Proletarians

The history of all hitherto existing society† is the history of class struggles. Freeman and slave, patrician and plebeian, lord and serf, guild-master‡ and journeyman, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes. In the earlier epochs of history, we find almost everywhere a complicated arrangement of society into various orders, a manifold gradation of social rank. In ancient Rome we have patricians, knights, plebeians, slaves; in the Middle Ages, feudal lords, vassals, guild-masters, journeymen, apprentices, serfs; in almost all of these classes, again, subordinate gradations. The modern bourgeois society that has sprouted from the ruins of feudal society has not done away with class antagonisms. It has but established new classes, new conditions of oppression, new forms of struggle in place of the old ones.

---

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, from my experience gamers hardly want to talk about politics, philosophy or much else these days ._. Unless it starts a flame war. It's kind of ironic how gaming is considered a "livelihood" for average folks in school and college,  yet they don't diverge from their usual habits or talk about intellectual stuff (which you would do in something that's your livelihood usually).

I guess this actually does relate to Minehut gameplay and Minecraft. It's basically saying that people are always struggling to become the best or most dominant players. One could argue that most players in this community are simply seeking to grind and become the top player, or eliminate others until they are the top player; that it's what keeps them playing.

If we were to implement the ideas from this manifesto, or communism in general into Minecraft, it would generally be removing the ability for people to get majorly ahead of eachother and encouraging equality. It would basically be a peaceful server, or a minigame server. I don't think you can fully remove players' sense of getting ahead of eachother, but you can atleast make steps in the right direction. That being said, it's hard to change players' mindset so easily; and it'll be working against the flow of players' usual habits. I think this is why to some degree unique servers aren't often found, because people keep gravitating to the hierarchical competitive servers. It's definitely possible though if you make it fun, and keep getting a new stream of players.

Also, it's funny that the only word you didn't paste was "Thoughts?" in this post. Lol.

Communism has failed time and time again and it would not work well in Minehut or Minecraft because:

1. Some people are just inherently smarter, better at the game, or just better leaders in general. 

2. People need incentive to innovate and make better servers. 

3. Competition stimulates growth and forges alliances. 

4. Communism fails because people are far from the center and disinterested in sharing resources. 

5. The desire to compete is inherent in nearly everyone and all animals. 

Anyway, interesting post. 

Owner of oldgaffle.minehut.gg. (my paintball server)

Owner of karted.minehut.gg. (my mario kart server)

Advocate of individual freedom, especially freedom of speech.

Cooler than Stalemate128.