Save and reload button

Should this be a feature?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Choose either Yes or No

• Yes!
    • No (Why? Comment)

[Save + Reload Button]

What is it?

This is a button that reloads the file after being saved. This would save some times especially when bug fixing scripts)

What does it look like?

It's the same as the title, the button is green/yellow and says [Save + Reload]

How would this help?
This would be very helpful and easy to implement for skript scripts. (It could even help the skript tutorial series on youtube like the restart button did.) and it would be quite helpful for plugin configs. (This would be much harder to implement but it may be possible).
What can I do?

There are 2 things you can do to give your opinion.

1. You can vote in the poll on if this should be a feature.

2. You can leave a comment with a +1 or -1 with your opinion. (Where +1 is good)

No, I won't skript for you.

When clicked it saves the skript/config then reload it ingame by using the command. e.g. saving a skript then automatically /sk reload <Skript>

10 minutes ago, Trent said:

There is already a refresh button. What else are you looking for exactly?

Here's a picture example (with comic sans bc why not)image.thumb.png.01984717504010e998646589d8b2259e.png

I think that the OP is asking for the ability to backup files temporarily in case things go badly. I don't support this personally since this can already be done by downloading the file or copying its content and simply overwriting the file.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:33 PM, TheLegendOfWilliia said:

where is the button?

This is a feature request meaning it is not a feature yet (and might not be one). There is no button.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:19 PM, cool21 said:

when I save I can't find out how to reload my save

Minecraft saves are automatically loaded when your server is started. If you want to backup your world you need to download the world and upload it again to reload the backup.

I meant like it sees what type of file it is.
A plugin's config file

e.g. You're editing essential's config.yml and then you the press the button and it checks the directory of the file, (plugins/essentials/config.yml) then it would then run the console command

/ess reload confirm

A script

e.g. You're making a script in skript and then you the press the button and it checks the directory of the file, (plugins/skript/scripts/[name].sk) then it would then run the console command

/sk reload [name]

TLDR: Usually when a file is created/edited on the file manager, the server needs to run a command to reload so a button would be helpful to combine the saving and the reloading.

2 hours ago, _A_MH_Developer_ said:

I meant like it sees what type of file it is.
A plugin's config file

e.g. You're editing essential's config.yml and then you the press the button and it checks the directory of the file, (plugins/essentials/config.yml) then it would then run the console command

/ess reload confirm

A script

e.g. You're making a script in skript and then you the press the button and it checks the directory of the file, (plugins/skript/scripts/[name].sk) then it would then run the console command

/sk reload [name]

TLDR: Usually when a file is created/edited on the file manager, the server needs to run a command to reload so a button would be helpful to combine the saving and the reloading.

That makes sense. You basically want the reload command to be ran when a file is updated? I would like to see something like this assuming I am in fact understanding but unfortunately it'd mean Minehut must manually specify every reload command for every file type/plugin/etc which is not really feasible and it'd require a lot of labor to maintain this.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Hexcede said:

That makes sense. You basically want the reload command to be ran when a file is updated? I would like to see something like this assuming I am in fact understanding but unfortunately it'd mean Minehut must manually specify every reload command for every file type/plugin/etc which is not really feasible and it'd require a lot of labor to maintain this.

Maybe it could only be for the most common plugins.

1. Skript
  2. Essentials
  3. Multiverse

That's most plugin file edits in 3 plugins.

Edit: 4/4 People agree this should be a feature. Thanks!

Edited by _A_MH_Developer_

On 12/19/2019 at 7:33 PM, TheLegendOfWilliia said:

where is the button?

the button is for demonstration purposes only doof 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture.PNG