How to make a Discord bot with Skript! | Vixio Addon

Vinixs

How to make a bot with Skript!

Ever since Vixio was added to Minehut, not a lot of people, that I've seen, have been using it. Vixio is a skript addon that lets you fully setup, and launch a bot for your server. The steps aren't too hard, but they can get a little tricky. It's not a lot different than making one with Javascript. Make sure your server is fully stopped, and make sure Vixio is actually installed (Sounds dumb, but i forget to install it every time).

Setup

1. First, what you need to do is setup your bot. Create your bot Here. From here, click "New Application", as shown in the image below.

cac4f194ca47d5ea0ab3ad6bd1791f6f.png

After this, you will need to name your bot, you may choose any name, but just know, mine's better.

5a0b3f22f432c56bcc2295992c651b9e.png

After you have chosen a name for your bot, click "Create". This will then take you to your application page. From here, click the "Bot" category on the left side of the page.

9d0eeccf4df0f0ed8313ab30f268b186.png

After this, it should ask if you would like to, "BUILD-A-BOT", from here, click "Add Bot", and then "Yes, Do it!"

81116ca65c900607101c29d3a08a31c5.png

There ya go, you created a discord bot! However, you are only half way done. You still need to get this bot online. 

Getting the bot online

Getting the bot online isn't too hard. Just make sure you don't show anyone your bot token. This could lead to some things that you really don't want to get into. Below the name of the bot, there should be a blue text saying "Click to Reveal Token". Copy this token!

25bf240baec6f935b6b239b5ee49971e.png

After you have copied the bot token, this is where you start writing your skript. 

on skript load:
   login to "TOKEN" with name "NAME"

After this, invite your bot to the discord server you want it in. Do this by getting your Client_Id. Your Client_Id should be located where the bot token was.

83f47cc70958da51c4ffbcb3ef3f750a.png

After this is copied, paste your Client_ID into this link, replacing the X's. https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=XXXXXXXXX&scope=bot&permissions=0and

This is what it should look like, 

d2ed2db85d4772cd0b7b291be096f49e.png

Click, "Authorize". 

Complete the captcha, and check your discord for the bot.

55925d8c70188e00212fe9c55db186e5.png

After this is completed, restart your server, and there ya go. You just created a bot with skript. No code needed, + the skript is 2 lines! 

Note, that this isn't EVERYTHING, Vixio offers. Sure it got your bot online, but you can also link your variables, events, commands, etc to your bot. You can create a variety of cool things with this. For my server, Multiples, i created a report system. You type "/report (reason)", into Minecraft, afterwards, it logs it into a discord channel, where the staff members can handle it through there. This makes it so the staff team has a log of the reports on Discord. 

Report prompt:

9235657573d20cc81f9052a2440979c1.png

Report Message:

a46a686e6bac949ab417a84859078c32-png.jpg

Discord Message:

92f1eaa09d26574f193b672b18ba84b5-png.jpg

The reaction will check if the report was handled or not!

Hope you enjoyed the Vixio tutorial, if this helped you, be a kind soul and react to the post! 

If you want to learn how to make bot commands, I will be making another tutorial on that, so keep an eye out!

Edited by Vinixs
  • Like 5

721034654735532112.gif.966bd6f1cb909ca87f1548614acb4131.gif

984d8967114f41b9e72bfd5c454fbd5d.png

achievement.png

• Vinixs changed the title to How to make a Discord bot with Skript! | Vixio Addon

Nice tutorial 

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

Never knew this addon was added, thanks for letting me know! Going to be using it on my server.

Insisting Discord » https://discord.gg/64dJQmnBW9

banner1.jpg

I now go by the name vitalResource rather than Nookn.

First joined in 2015 under the alias of Nookn.

Primarily known during my time in Minehut from Prohost.gs (oct. 2015) till around 2019 Minehut where I took a longer hiatus until Feb 2021, where I came back and still participating actively in events.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing tutorial. Very specific and this will help future players!

+rep

Start your Minecraft server today for as low as £0.50/weekly for up to 4 GB of RAM! (£3.50 Monthly) and be equipped for all situations with our high-performance gear keeping your servers running 24/7

Why choose Us?
• Guaranteed 99.9% Uptime
• NVMe RAID Fast Storage
• 24/7 Hosting
• Instant Setup
• 50% Discount. Use Code: 50OFF (Ends on November 11th)

We want to ensure our customers are happy with the service they received and support. We aim to provide low-costs those who cant afford a minecraft server. No extra costs, no setup fees! One-time payment and you are good to go with our instant setup feature we introduced to ensure your server is ready to go!

Planning to make a community or a project you want to work on? We got you covered! Our servers are optimized for performance and security, so you can have peace of mind and focus on your project. Our servers are also reliable and packed with features, so you can start playing right away.

We guarantee 99% uptime and 24/7 customer support, so you can always ask for help if you need it.

Links:
https://forums.valknet.org
https://billing.valknet.org
Invite: https://discord.gg/FqSRt4ZCAC

On 7/7/2019 at 9:47 PM, CasualFries said:

How do I make a bot send a message to a discord channel?

Example:

send "Hi there, I am a message. Nothing more but a message." to channel with id "<channel id>" with "<bot name>"

• Like 1

Start your Minecraft server today for as low as £0.50/weekly for up to 4 GB of RAM! (£3.50 Monthly) and be equipped for all situations with our high-performance gear keeping your servers running 24/7

Why choose Us?
• NVMe RAID Fast Storage
• 24/7 Hosting
• Instant Setup

We want to ensure our customers are happy with the service they received and support. We aim to provide low-costs those who cant afford a minecraft server. No extra costs, no setup fees! One-time payment and you are good to go with our instant setup feature we introduced to ensure your server is ready to go!

Planning to make a community or a project you want to work on? We got you covered! Our servers are optimized for performance and security, so you can have peace of mind and focus on your project. Our servers are also reliable and packed with features, so you can start playing right away.

We guarantee 99% uptime and 24/7 customer support, so you can always ask for help if you need it.

Links:

7 hours ago, CasualFries said:

thanks tac 🙂

Your welcome bro

• Like 1

Why choose Us?
• NVMe RAID Fast Storage
• 24/7 Hosting
• Instant Setup

Links:

• 3 weeks later...

umm I've got this code but it doesn't seem to work I will change the bot token but the rest of my code doesn't work 

well the sending bit with the bot doesn't work

code is:

on skript load:
   login to "{I took the bot token away so you can't have it as its mine lol}" with name "Reports Mineraft"

command /report <text>:
    trigger:
        send "&4Reports Mineraft#9812&6: &7I'm sending your bug/report to the discord server"
        send "&7Thank you for telling us"
        send "&7- Bright-Skag Staff Team"
        send "Hey, there's a report from %sender%:" to channel with id "604259988889665536" with "Reports Mineraft"
        send "The Bug Is: &l%arg 1%" to channel with id "604259988889665536" with "Reports Mineraft"

On 7/26/2019 at 4:12 PM, Zontafer said:

umm I've got this code but it doesn't seem to work I will change the bot token but the rest of my code doesn't work 

well the sending bit with the bot doesn't work

code is:

on skript load:
   login to "{I took the bot token away so you can't have it as its mine lol}" with name "Reports Mineraft"

command /report <text>:
    trigger:
        send "&4Reports Mineraft#9812&6: &7I'm sending your bug/report to the discord server"
        send "&7Thank you for telling us"
        send "&7- Bright-Skag Staff Team"
        send "Hey, there's a report from %sender%:" to channel with id "604259988889665536" with "Reports Mineraft"
        send "The Bug Is: &l%arg 1%" to channel with id "604259988889665536" with "Reports Mineraft"

What error you get?

command /giveinfo:
    trigger:
        send "--------------------------------------------"
        send "IGN:
crazymarty"
        send "I am a
decent skripter."                                     
        send "Discord: 
crazymarty#1802"
        send "--------------------------------------------"

well when I reload the script it says that 

and it then just doesn't send it to the channel I got a different script that acts like discordsrv and that works but this doesn't I don't know why

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...