/join also in player servers!

This is fairly impractical. Let's say that the server has a /join script, which may, for example, send the executing player to another location in the server, or add them to the queue, both the commands will collide. What would be a practical idea is /server, but it starts up the server and then sends you to it (just like /join does)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2019 at 11:37 PM, _A_MH_Developer_ said:

If server-1 does /server server-2 Then server-2 will start up and so server-1 can keep server-2 up which could then keep server-1 up

wait, just let only players do /join in playerservers, also maybe a startup cooldown might be useful

Edited by buccimichele5
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, _A_MH_Developer_ said:

Even then, you only need 1 person to keep up ∞ servers 24/7

well It seems a good idea to me, I know that there are many issues with this. But imagine if you could connect multiple servers and make like lobby in 1 server and game arenas in other ones, this is alredy possible but if there is noone in the server it closes so its almost useless. I dont know how you could limit this and prevent server from being keept up, but I know that you could find a way. Maybe by adding cooldown or something else. 

4 hours ago, mehmedcraft34 said:

There's no point in this. /join is a skripted command on many server and I don't see why someone would want to redirect players to an offline server. And if you wanted to join an offline server just go to the hub, not that hard.

Imagine a server where there is a lobby server and a game server. In lobby server 1 player joined, in game server there is none online, so 2nd server stops. So if player in lobby server does /server <server name> and tries to join the game server, he won't get teleported, making this all useless. Also /join is not very used on servers (I know only 1 server that uses it, Valknet); but since this might be an issue, also making /server able to start up servers might be useful.