repeal rule #3

killergotrekt

Server Rules

1. Your server must be compliant with the Minecraft EULA. You can access it here.
  2. You cannot leak any personal or private information such as but not limited to IPs, full names, house addresses, and anything else that could be considered private as well as self-identifiable.
  3. You may not “grief” or destroy other public Minehut hosted servers unless you have full authority to do so.
  4. The blockage of any Minehut commands such as /msg, /friends, /hub, or any other command that prevents the player from doing such actions is not allowed.
  5. If you don't have more than 10 player slots, you can't have more than 10 players on your server.
  6. You can't have any servers that are related to violent events or is hateful such as the Holocaust or anything that might discriminate against certain cultures or religions.

1. sure, i don't really care about that one

2. sure, i don't really care abut that one

3. okay, i would want the rule removed because; 1. its the server's responsibility to control who gets opped, or creative. 2. just why? its minehut's job to host servers, not going around being "server cops". the point i'm making is that griefing servers is not community disruption, its just the owner/admin/op who gave the user permissions/op/powers to grief the server.

4. sure, i don't really care about that one

5. sure, i don't really care about that one

6. sure, i don't really care about that one

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

So if you want this rule removed then you should suggest it under suggestions or on the suggestions discord however this rule likely won’t just be removed as it only causes more issues with server owners. Minehut also doesn’t just want a bunch of griefed servers and people complaining.

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.

Op and creative aren't the only types of griefs:

2019-09-03_12_45_50.thumb.png.46c77fbca406a2bb0baef70b79bc4780.png

In less than 10-20 minutes after the first block was placed, I was eventually caught and banned, but I was able to grief every significant build on this server. I don't think griefing should be bannable on minehut, its the owner's job to prevent and fix stuff like this, if they can't do it, this will happen: (Spawn is completely covered in cobblestone, players can't even break out of that without pearls since its a no build zone), they gave everyone creative automatically, so this only took about 10-20 minutes

2019-09-03_10_44_22.thumb.png.f3e3d2af38066efc01c603c166c15acf.png

If a professional griefer has a single bucket of lava, your server is in trouble.

Edited by Mathematiqs

ORDER, ORDER. THE HOUSE WILL COME TO ORDER!

The question is that Rule Number Three should be repealed. As many as are of that opinion say "Aye" <insert silence here>, and on the contrary, "No" <insert people screaming "no" here>I think the Noes have it, the Noes have it. Order.

23 minutes ago, Bear said:

@Clarifity In actual legislature

you say aye nay or abstain

Aye meaning yes, nay meaning no, and abstain lowering the majority and your vote not counting

I vote aye.  

In the House of Commons all who agree shout "Aye", all who disagree say "No" and all who don't have an opinion are quiet. The Speaker decides which side was louder (so, for example, if the "Ayes" were heard more loudly, the Ayes would win). If both shouts are equal, then a division is called in which both side (Government and Opposition parties) go to a divisional corridor (either the corridor which agree - the one on the right - or the one which disagrees - the one on the left). During a division, anyone who wishes to abstain doesn't go into a corridor but instead remains in the chamber.

31 minutes ago, Clarifity said:

In the House of Commons all who agree shout "Aye", all who disagree say "No" and all who don't have an opinion are quiet. The Speaker decides which side was louder (so, for example, if the "Ayes" were heard more loudly, the Ayes would win). If both shouts are equal, then a division is called in which both side (Government and Opposition parties) go to a divisional corridor (either the corridor which agree - the one on the right - or the one which disagrees - the one on the left). During a division, anyone who wishes to abstain doesn't go into a corridor but instead remains in the chamber.

For the record, this is the House of Commons in like medieval days, not now.

2019-06-25_16.49.00.png

2019-06-25_18.13.26.png

2019-06-25_16.42.21.png

Why is this about the house of commons and not about griefing?

Griefing without op should not be bannable, just get good plugins and it won't happen to you, if you put flint and steel, and/or lava and/or tnt in a chest 20 blocks away from spawn, outside of the spawn protection, and your server is public, what do you think will happen? Don't be surprised if you see your house burned down or blown up.

Btw, someone said they were going to report me for griefing a tiny cobblestone build with no doors, no windows, only around 30 blocks of cobblestone, if I actually get banned for that im done (no server rules that said no griefing on their server either), I also found this video on yt:

Edited by Mathematiqs

Is there a real problem with this, it's not like it really hurts anyone so is there any real reason to remove this rule. In my opinion no because this does help keep minehut more enjoyable, but also not everyone that breaks this rule gets banned because not everyone reports it. I've gone on kind of a ramble but basically

17 hours ago, Mathematiqs said:

Op and creative aren't the only types of griefs:

2019-09-03_12_45_50.thumb.png.46c77fbca406a2bb0baef70b79bc4780.png

In less than 10-20 minutes after the first block was placed, I was eventually caught and banned, but I was able to grief every significant build on this server. I don't think griefing should be bannable on minehut, its the owner's job to prevent and fix stuff like this, if they can't do it, this will happen: (Spawn is completely covered in cobblestone, players can't even break out of that without pearls since its a no build zone), they gave everyone creative automatically, so this only took about 10-20 minutes

2019-09-03_10_44_22.thumb.png.f3e3d2af38066efc01c603c166c15acf.png

If a professional griefer has a single bucket of lava, your server is in trouble.

lmao

You can just drain it via //drain <amount> and rollback with CO

Start your Minecraft server today for as low as £0.50/weekly for up to 4 GB of RAM! (£3.50 Monthly) and be equipped for all situations with our high-performance gear keeping your servers running 24/7

Why choose Us?
• Guaranteed 99.9% Uptime
• NVMe RAID Fast Storage
• 24/7 Hosting
• Instant Setup
• 50% Discount. Use Code: 50OFF (Ends on November 11th)

We want to ensure our customers are happy with the service they received and support. We aim to provide low-costs those who cant afford a minecraft server. No extra costs, no setup fees! One-time payment and you are good to go with our instant setup feature we introduced to ensure your server is ready to go!

Planning to make a community or a project you want to work on? We got you covered! Our servers are optimized for performance and security, so you can have peace of mind and focus on your project. Our servers are also reliable and packed with features, so you can start playing right away.

We guarantee 99% uptime and 24/7 customer support, so you can always ask for help if you need it.

Links:
https://forums.valknet.org
https://billing.valknet.org
Invite: https://discord.gg/FqSRt4ZCAC

For the record:

killergotrekt saw the glorious days of minehut, in which this rule did not exist.

Back in our days we could grief all servers and get away with it, until they added the community disruption rule which keep in mind was not even in the rules list back then and it was a pretty lame excuse to ban some blacklisted people.

I fought against that "rule" back then

Some time after minehut decided to make the "no grief rule" a thing since community disruption's "rule" was most of the time used against player server griefers.

Now I do get it that this is an attempt to reduce the amount of complaints from players because of servers getting griefed.

The real question here is: Should there be a rule against player server griefing? And the answer is simple: Minehut does whatever it wants lol. Its their server so they get to choose what the rules are.

My theory about why we are even discussing this is because this was not a rule for a long time back in the old days, and people were used to it not being a rule. The fact that killergotrekt started this discussion shows me that I might be right, because he was one of those players.

If you want my opinion: I am against the rule, cuz its funny to grief servers.

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!