Disable Admin Commands in Chat

Captainclimber

Question

3 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Captainclimber said:

Vanilla Minecraft commands done by operators will always log in chat to other operators. /gamerule sendCommandFeedback will disable this, but will also stop sending command feedback.

Is there a way to simply remove the chat logging of operator commands?

As you said "Vanilla Minecraft commands done by operators will always log in chat to other operators", I feel like this is wrong. As soon as that gamerule is set to false, it will disable sending command feedback to any other operator on the server.

You might want to try /save-all, and also if possible, Restart your server.

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

19 minutes ago, CoolProgrammer said:

As you said "Vanilla Minecraft commands done by operators will always log in chat to other operators", I feel like this is wrong. As soon as that gamerule is set to false, it will disable sending command feedback to any other operator on the server.

You might want to try /save-all, and also if possible, Restart your server.

I probably worded what I said in a weird way. To rephrase, the gamerule does work in that it stops sending admin commands in chat to other operators. However, a side effect of this gamerule is disabling command feedback. For example, if I were to run the command /banlist, nothing would send in chat because the gamerule is set to false.

I would prefer a solution that doesn't disable command feedback so commands like /banlist still function.

Just now, Captainclimber said:

I probably worded what I said in a weird way. To rephrase, the gamerule does work in that it stops sending admin commands in chat to other operators. However, a side effect of this gamerule is disabling command feedback. For example, if I were to run the command /banlist, nothing would send in chat because the gamerule is set to false.

I would prefer a solution that doesn't disable command feedback so commands like /banlist still function.

Exactly, sadly it disables stuff like that (whitelist, op, deop, etc.).

• Like 1

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.