The truth about ad rewards

serverclone1

Ad rewards rely on a bot that sits afk in the lobby and records all messages that start with [AD], it then takes the string right before and right after that and sends it to a disc channel, after that, servers with that disc bot installed can check if their server's name is in the list and run a command targetting the string right before [AD], which is the player's name, this command then rewards the player.

This is basically like having an army of bots that advertise for you for free and without ties to your server.

However, ad rewards have their downsides:

-Alts can advertise extremely quickly and funnel rewards for their main account, potentially breaking your server's economy

-You can advertise a completely different server: "/ad (server1) [!]JOIN NOW /join (server2) FREE OPERATOR JOIN NOW /join (server2) [!]", all that matters is that you put in their server name after the ad command, the ad message itself is completely irrelevant so you can advertise your own server while gaining rewards at the same time.

-Advertisements aren't always a good thing, for example if I advertise your server as being free op, then players will join your server and spam you to give them op, effectively reversing the game, now the bots work for me and I get my ad rewards anyways.

Lastly, why is this even allowed? If I'm not allowed to use bots to push my server up to the front page permanently or advertise it every 8 minutes, then other servers should not be allowed to use bots to help out theirs just because they're doing it in a different way

Edited by serverclone1

1 minute ago, serverclone1 said:

you can advertise your own server while gaining rewards at the same time.

That's not how it works. Servers have it setup where you only gain rewards if you advertise their servers.

3 minutes ago, serverclone1 said:

This is basically like having an army of bots that advertise for you for free and without ties to your server.

If people are manually advertising servers themselves, its not considered bots since its not automatically advertising for them

2 minutes ago, serverclone1 said:

Lastly, why is this even allowed?

It isn't allowed but they aren't going to go out of their way to shutdown these services. 

• Like 1

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

18 minutes ago, _Tarna_ said:

That's not how it works. Servers have it setup where you only gain rewards if you advertise their servers.

If people are manually advertising servers themselves, its not considered bots since its not automatically advertising for them

It isn't allowed but they aren't going to go out of their way to shutdown these services. 

That's why I included the word 'basically', from the server owner's perspective, they aren't doing any work to get those advertisements and they can pretty much choose the ad message they want by telling players to use that.

2 minutes ago, serverclone1 said:

That's why I included the word 'basically', from the server owner's perspective, they aren't doing any work to get those advertisements and they can pretty much choose the ad message they want by telling players to use that.

Oh that's what you meant by advertising your server to get rewards from other servers. Also you could get muted for using that many caps in your message. 

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png