How to download older logs (not just the latest one)?

M4RK7000

Question

Hi,

Today I was making a build on my server with some friends (using worldedit, essentials and some other stuff). For some reason we were lagging a LOT so I restarted the server and when I got on I immediately noticed there was a lot of water overlapping our build. I rolled a backup of the server I had so we wouldn't lose all our progress.

I wanted to download an older log to check what happened but minehut would only let me download the latest (using /dl log). I can't just copy and paste the older log data onto a file on my PC since it won't store the .gz data properly. So is there a way i could download this older log efficiently and safely?

Thanks,

-Mark 🙂

4 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, M4RK7000 said:

Shoot.. You know any ways to bypass this?

Unfortunately not for getting those logs. You could also use Skript and skript-logs to log in a file that is named after the date (so you know what you're working with), but then you'll have to make sure you clear these files if you don't need them as they can possibly fill up your server storage quite quickly.

It has a very easy syntax

log %string% to %string%

i.e. log "%attacker% damaged %victim%" to "damagelogs"

Then using skript-logs addon, you can basically copy the actual logs (the syntax is in default Skript)

Edited by MrTibo

[<3]

DMs open - Discord » mrtibo | or send a forum message

Just now, MrTibo said:

Unfortunately not for getting those logs. You could also use Skript and skript-logs to log in a file that is named after the date (so you know what you're working with), but then you'll have to make sure you clear these files if you don't need them as they can possibly fill up your server storage quite quickly.

It has a very easy syntax

log %string% to %string%

i.e. log "%attacker% damaged %victim%" to "damagelogs"

Ah thanks! I'll use that then.