Whitelist problems

TechnoNerd7206

Question

9 answers to this question

Go to the whitelist.json file and make sure the uuid for the user is correct. Cause there have been issues where if you try to whitelist a player that has never joined before, it will put in the incorrect uuid so then the server will think they are not whitelisted. You can go to a site like namemc.com and set their uuid to the correct one. Then click save and restart the server. 

On 5/12/2021 at 10:21 PM, AmazingTank said:

This bug just appeared on minehut. Surprised it hasn't been fixed. Try turning whitelist off, and moderating who joins. Then, when you go to whitelist someone, click tab to move to their name then whitelist there. Minehut is case sensitive, but the caps don't work right now.

This is actually not a Minehut only bug. This also happens on other external servers. According to someone, its an issue with the mojang API where it can't get a player's uuid if they have never joined before for some reason.

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

1 hour ago, TechnoNerd7206 said:

I created a whitelist for my minehut server, and some people can join but some people cannot. for the people that can't it says they arent whitelisted even through they are, can anyone help?

How did you add them to the whitelist? If in-game, did you make sure you are an OP while doing the command?

If I have helped you out in your post or you liked what I posted, please upvote and react to my post! It helps me a lot!

Some Minehut Links:

Server Rules • Staff Applications • News & Updates • Reports • Appeals

Minehut: VIP (07/04/2021 --> Current)
Elestra/Versa Realms: Manager (12/04/2021 --> Current)

If you have any questions contact me!
My Discord: BanditEagle#2481
My Spigot Profile: https://www.spigotmc.org/members/banditeagle.935281/
My IGN: BanditEagle

I was OPped, i did /whitelist add [their ign} then i checked whitelist after and it said they were added. the people who couldn't get in said they would be able to join for a second and see the people currently online but then they would get kicked out with the message You are not whitelisted on this server!

3 hours ago, TechnoNerd7206 said:

I was OPped, i did /whitelist add [their ign} then i checked whitelist after and it said they were added. the people who couldn't get in said they would be able to join for a second and see the people currently online but then they would get kicked out with the message You are not whitelisted on this server!

This bug just appeared on minehut. Surprised it hasn't been fixed. Try turning whitelist off, and moderating who joins. Then, when you go to whitelist someone, click tab to move to their name then whitelist there. Minehut is case sensitive, but the caps don't work right now.