Plugin Ideas

KenTech

Question

Greetings!

I'm currently working on my own Survival Multiplayer (SMP) and I'm having trouble picking plugins. I'm using the free plan, so there's a maximum of 12 plugins but if all goes well, I do intend on moving onto a paid plan. 

So far, I have added:

ABC Anti-Cheat
ClearLag
Essentials
Skript

I'm looking for any plugins that can help make my server more interesting, or simpler to use. I don't want anything too out of grab like gamemodes or cheats. Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, KenTech said:

Greetings!

I'm currently working on my own Survival Multiplayer (SMP) and I'm having trouble picking plugins. I'm using the free plan, so there's a maximum of 12 plugins but if all goes well, I do intend on moving onto a paid plan. 

So far, I have added:

ABC Anti-Cheat
ClearLag
Essentials
Skript

I'm looking for any plugins that can help make my server more interesting, or simpler to use. I don't want anything too out of grab like gamemodes or cheats. Thanks in advance!

Hey! Essentials and Skript; great choice of first plugins already!

NoCheatPlus -> I'd replace ABC Anti-Cheat with NoCheatPlus, since NoCheatPlus plugin will basically block cheats such as Flight, NoFall, etc. and so you do not have to worry about being online to check if anyone is trying to cheat in such a way.

WorldEdit -> A plugin which allows you to perform block actions (fill, move, etc.), copy paste stuff, save schematics, etc.

WorldGuard -> This is a great plugin if you want to protect regions, set custom flags for them (disable PvP, hunger, etc.) and so on. Note that this plugin does require WorldEdit installed as a dependency.

Vault -> This is required if you are planning on using LuckPerms (read more below).

LuckPerms -> If you want to allow players to have custom permissions, or features from the plugin Essentials (such as /tpa, /tpahere, /hat, etc.), then this plugin will allow you to do so! It's not just limited to Essentials, but also works for a lot of other plugins available on Minehut. If you do plan on using this plugin, then check this video, it's very helpful:

Multiverse -> This plugin will help you a tonne to manage your worlds! This will also help you to fix the common difficulty bug in Minecraft (/mvm set difficulty <difficulty> <world>). Check this if you want to know more about this plugin: https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki

And... you already have papa Skript with you, what do you have to worry about? 😉 The possibilities with this plugin are endless. You can straight away start with stuff like greeting players with a title whenever they join, set a custom join and leave message, make custom commands, etc.

Another point I'd like to mention; You said that you are running an SMP. This means, players can x-ray. Take a look at this guide: https://gist.github.com/stonar96/ba18568bd91e5afd590e8038d14e245e. This will allow you to prevent players from X-Raying on your server.

That's it for now, but I'll let you know if I recall any more interesting plugins available.

I wish you all the best on your SMP server, and hope it goes very well! Good luck!

Edited by CoolProgrammer
  • Thanks 1

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.