Minehut limitations

mentalelmo

Before i start i just wanna say that I'm not very knowledgeable on minehut's inner workings nor its forums so if i get something wrong please tell me 🙂

TL;DR

can't use /server to connect to other servers while in a server

no custom plugins

can't download world data?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways, whats the deal with minehuts severe limitations compared to other server hosting platforms? to me the first and biggest problem is the bungeecord, we aren't allowed to connect to other servers without first leaving our own to enter the lobby and yet this incredibly useful tool in server building isn't being used, as far as i heard it was due to some sort of issue with exploitation?? other then that I haven't heard anything at all which is a shame because bungeecording is one of the most useful things people and use in server building

My second problem is with plugins, i know this will likely not be changed due to the fact that custom plugins can cause many security issues as well as basically remove any reason to get a server plan and can practically ruin minehuts "new-user friendly" vibe they have going on but it would be nice to see the day custom plugins are allowed

My third and final problem is with downloading/copying world/server data. This is probably the easiest one to explain, minehut doesn't want you to change hosts. This is the least important problem imo, using external ways to download is always an option and im not even sure if world download is even blocked perhaps I just haven't seen it.

1) To my knowledge it was indeed blocked due to an exploitation, however I wasn't there when it was blocked, so I am not aware of the reasonings behind it.

2) To my knowledge, allowing custom plugins to be added to Minehut is currently in the talks, though they are not sure of the logistics for reasons you explained

3) Downloading a world or your logs is not blocked, and you can do /dl [world/logs] [world-name (if you wrote world before)] to download them. As for the other things, it currently isn't allowed to download any other things, but allowing direct download of files from the File Manager is currently in the talks.

For more info on what is being planned and what isn't, I suggest checking out 2 places:

a) Minehut Meta Github

b) Minehut Meta Discord

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If I have helped you out in your post or you liked what I posted, please upvote and react to my post! It helps me a lot!

Some Minehut Links:

Server Rules • Staff Applications • News & Updates • Reports • Appeals

Minehut: VIP (07/04/2021 --> Current)
Elestra/Versa Realms: Manager (12/04/2021 --> Current)

If you have any questions contact me!
My Discord: BanditEagle#2481
My Spigot Profile: https://www.spigotmc.org/members/banditeagle.935281/
My IGN: BanditEagle

9 hours ago, mentalelmo said:

Before i start i just wanna say that I'm not very knowledgeable on minehut's inner workings nor its forums so if i get something wrong please tell me 🙂

TL;DR

can't use /server to connect to other servers while in a server

no custom plugins

can't download world data?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways, whats the deal with minehuts severe limitations compared to other server hosting platforms? to me the first and biggest problem is the bungeecord, we aren't allowed to connect to other servers without first leaving our own to enter the lobby and yet this incredibly useful tool in server building isn't being used, as far as i heard it was due to some sort of issue with exploitation?? other then that I haven't heard anything at all which is a shame because bungeecording is one of the most useful things people and use in server building

My second problem is with plugins, i know this will likely not be changed due to the fact that custom plugins can cause many security issues as well as basically remove any reason to get a server plan and can practically ruin minehuts "new-user friendly" vibe they have going on but it would be nice to see the day custom plugins are allowed

My third and final problem is with downloading/copying world/server data. This is probably the easiest one to explain, minehut doesn't want you to change hosts. This is the least important problem imo, using external ways to download is always an option and im not even sure if world download is even blocked perhaps I just haven't seen it.

Custom plugins are in the works I think.

Compared to other server hosts, Minehut is the best free one out there in my opinion.

And like @BanditEagle said, Use /dl <world/log> to download a world or the latest log file.

• Thanks 1

🙂 Enjoy your life because you never know when it could end.

Former VIP - Minehut

OWNER - Arcame

image.png.df1c3f201cda084b7313b77eff612802.png