Question on Groupmanager

WeebIsASadCat

Question

Does anyone know to auto gives people roles (prefix) when they join a server for the first time?

SIimeFun.minehut.gg a WIP server with SlimeFun plugin to join  

Copy and paste SIimeFun.minehut.gg in the multiplayer or type it in with a L being a uppercase i!

OR

Type /join SIimeFun

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, WeebIsASadCat said:

Does anyone know to auto gives people roles (prefix) when they join a server for the first time?

When users first join they'll automatically be given a role named "default"- so if you want to give them a prefix when they first join just do /mangaddv default prefix <prefix> 

Breathing is a fun and healthy way to stay alive!

Recommended By 9/10 Doctors!

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

3 hours ago, Clarifity said:

Could I just add: using GroupManager is generally unrecommended. GroupManager — the Minehut version — is not up to date and there are a bunch of errors in it. I would advise using PermissionsEx or LuckPerms. 

I tried PEX  and I really didn't understand it.

Copy and paste SIimeFun.minehut.gg in the multiplayer or type it in with a L being a uppercase i!

OR

Type /join SIimeFun

22 hours ago, PyroDellz said:

When users first join they'll automatically be given a role named "default"- so if you want to give them a prefix when they first join just do /mangaddv default prefix <prefix> 

That Does now work my default Prefix is guest but it doesn't give the permission to it nor does it link it to the same one

OR

Type /join SIimeFun

3 minutes ago, WeebIsASadCat said:

That Does now work my default Prefix is guest but it doesn't give the permission to it nor does it link it to the same one

Giving someone a prefix doesn't change their permissions in any way- prefixes are purely aesthetic and don't change anything other than what shows up when you say something in chat or the tab list.

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Just now, PyroDellz said:

Giving someone a prefix doesn't change their permissions in any way- prefixes are purely aesthetic and don't change anything other than what shows up when you say something in chat or the tab list.

You can give them certain permissions and I want to know how to link that  certain prefix to a new player when they join

OR

Type /join SIimeFun

1 minute ago, WeebIsASadCat said:

You can give them certain permissions and I want to know how to link that  certain prefix to a new player when they join

If you want to give new players permissions automatically when they first join do /mangaddp default <permission>  

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

1 minute ago, PyroDellz said:

If you want to give new players permissions automatically when they first join do /mangaddp default <permission>  

ok

OR

Type /join SIimeFun