First Look at the Builds!

_Rascal

Are any of you still alive? Good, at least we have somewhat of an audience to show off to! This past week we have finally pulled up our socks and got down to business with building (and some developing)! I'd say we've done about 20% of building required until there'll be enough for an open alpha for all of you to come and try out. Enough talk, here's a few screenshots of what has been done: 2019-08-16_16_40_31.thumb.png.ef9a9d0e3e91bd2e97f43e414abb0625.png

The Quarry. The first area you will visit, For the future pictures, none of the stone has been detailed as we have yet to decided what areas will have what stone variations, so not all the caves look the same!2019-08-16_16_40_04.thumb.png.57b00a52fc0b9a0eaaf57ca4c6fa8c30.png

Groveshire, the first town you visit. Here, there'll be a few NPCs to interact with, along ways to acquire and upgrade items. It's a peaceful but very drab place due to the economy here not doing so good.2019-08-16_16_39_42.thumb.png.f2b0b2925c0e2d46fe73bc6e914be266.png

Simply a sceenshot of a part in the Groveshire mines. Nothing to spectacular, but this will be a common sight throughout the first half of the first area.2019-08-16_16_39_16.thumb.png.3fed3ae31f767b097640a658c0f83171.png

The 'Forgotten Drop'. A hub of sorts, with many caverns connecting to the huge drop with a broken elevator in the middle that runs all the way down, with scaffolding around the outside of it. There's water at the bottom so it's a perfect place to practice diving.2019-08-16_16_39_05.thumb.png.73649aa4bc0c0422e5ae6d236a716301.png

A small ravine with lava at the bottom, utilising the new 'campfires' to add a lot more atmosphere to the place by making the smoke look like it's coming from the lava.2019-08-16_16_42_12.thumb.png.11557e7fce1f83a6fbfb57e26339600a.png

'The Great Bridge', a bridge made of a peculiar blue stone that has began to crumble over the ages. It goes across a large ravine with a sea of lava at the bottom. I wonder where it leads?

Thanks you for sticking with us, I cannot promise to give regular updates but I can promise you updates nonetheless.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome, can't wait until the open alpha!

Btw, I think creating a discord for this project and linking it to the forums would be a good idea. Mainly because I feel like way more people in this group check discord more often than the forums so it'd be easier to get news and updates to them. Also it'd allow for a place for us to talk with the development team and feel more engaged in it. Hope you consider it.

Edited by PyroDellz

Breathing is a fun and healthy way to stay alive!

Recommended By 9/10 Doctors!

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

On 8/26/2019 at 6:11 PM, PyroDellz said:

Looks awesome, can't wait until the open alpha!

Btw, I think creating a discord for this project and linking it to the forums would be a good idea. Mainly because I feel like way more people in this group check discord more often than the forums so it'd be easier to get news and updates to them. Also it'd allow for a place for us to talk with the development team and feel more engaged in it. Hope you consider it.

Yes, I have considered making a Discord. Only thing which is holding me back is simply managing it and making sure it doesn't go down in flames. I'll see if I can get a few extra people to simply moderate or upkeep the server while I'm busy with other things.

On 9/2/2019 at 2:15 AM, _Rascal said:

Yes, I have considered making a Discord. Only thing which is holding me back is simply managing it and making sure it doesn't go down in flames. I'll see if I can get a few extra people to simply moderate or upkeep the server while I'm busy with other things.

btw I saw your post about you resigning from Sr. Mod, though does this mean you're gonna keep working on Spelunking, or stop development on it for now?

Breathing is a fun and healthy way to stay alive!

Recommended By 9/10 Doctors!

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

On 9/10/2019 at 2:38 AM, PyroDellz said:

btw I saw your post about you resigning from Sr. Mod, though does this mean you're gonna keep working on Spelunking, or stop development on it for now?

Apologies for the late response. However, I will still continue work with Spelunking. Despite maybe spending less time on it, development will still be going on. Spelunking means a lot to me; all of the work me and my friends have put into it, the story, the music, the textures and models... everything. I don't want it to go to waste. If I ever do feel like I can't continue work, I will still try to get a playable demo or whatever finished.