OI OI

cymraeg

Dear whoever banned me for having an inappropriate username (cymraeg),

I am not going to change my name. I am going to withstand my country's culture, whatever that takes, and you will not stand in my way.

Thanks a lot, you carrots.

Owner of the servers powys, gwent, merthyr, ceredigion and valkyrja.

VIP

I'm very passive-aggressive. IGN: demonitisation

2. Is language discrimination illegal, and if so, which federal laws cover language discrimination?

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 are federal laws that protects individuals from discrimination based upon national origin and race. Some courts and government agencies have said that discrimination based on language is a form of national origin discrimination because primary language is closely related to the place a person comes from. So if you are being discriminated against for using your native language, or because of characteristics having to do with that language, it may be considered the same as if you were being discriminated against because of your national origin. This area of the law is still developing, however, so you should also consult with a local attorneyfor more information.

Owner of the servers powys, gwent, merthyr, ceredigion and valkyrja.

VIP

I'm very passive-aggressive. IGN: demonitisation

Idek how "Cymraeg" could be considered an inappropriate username...?

Breathing is a fun and healthy way to stay alive!

Recommended By 9/10 Doctors!

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

3 minutes ago, Nd_ said:

so having the username Welsh is bad?

I would suggest to appeal this

@cymraeg I'd also recommend this- as I'm guessing whoever banned you for it was simply mistaken and thought it was something inappropriate for whatever reason. You can create an appeal here.

Breathing is a fun and healthy way to stay alive!

Recommended By 9/10 Doctors!

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Going to go ahead and lock this thread as the concern has been addressed.

In case you missed it, here is the solution.

Follow this format 

and appeal.

I'm sorry to hear about your ban. I'd recommend mentioning in the appeal the reasoning behind your name and the meaning to clear up any misconceptions. Best of luck!

Thread Locked

If you have any questions or concerns, PM me here or on Discord (_C02#9999) and let's get it resolved!

Yes I used to be [ADMIN]. I resigned from that position

Subscribe on YouTube (truly epic content)
Follow me on Twitter

• filr locked this topic