More RAM For Paid Servers

This was originally going to be a comment on @killergotrekt's suggestion- but it got so long and started side-tracking a little that I thought it should just be it's own post elaborating on their original one.

Seeing as if you go with the base plan of $5/mo. for 800 credits then the value of $1 is about 160 Credits (For the default purchase option.) So at their lowest of 30 Credits/day thats only 5 days of 1.2 GB for $1. In a month you've paid $6 for just 1.2 GB of RAM. I'll be using another hosting service which I can't name for obvious reasons as a reference point (not to try and say minehut is bad and everyone should find a new host, just for a point of reference for comparing.) Anyway this other host provides 2 GB for $6/mo. at 24 player slots. Moving to the middle minehut offers 42 player slots & 3.4 GB for 110 Credits/Day. That's ~ 1.5 days for $1- translating to $15 for a month.  Looking at our other hosting service as comparison does 5 GB & 60 player slots for the same price. Finally at minehuts priciest plan of 210 Credits/day for 6 GB and 75 player slots you're looking at less than a day for $1- (~76% of a day), this translates to roughly $39 a month. The other hosting site will do 12.3 GB (Over double minehuts) & 144 player slots for only $36 a month, $3 less than minehut.

Again- the whole thing of comparing minehut to a different hosting service wasn't to try and prove some point that minehut is scamming us all and we should quit it or anything like that, but to point out that minehut should probably step it up because it is a pretty huge gap. I do understand that with minehut being far smaller than this other hosting service of course its not going to have as good of deals, though these are some pretty insane differences and I feel like minehut could do a better job at providing more for their prices. Seeing as minehut is already struggling enough with server slots due to a recent influx of players asking them to increase RAM for each plan would most likely be illegitimate. However what they could (and in my opinion definitely should do- is decrease their prices significantly to make them more reasonable.

Though minehut should definitely focus on getting more server slots first, as that effects everyone and not just those who pay- but this is definitely no small issue. 

(P.S. I'd post a screenshot of the other hosts pricing to prove I'm not just making these numbers up- but I feel like that might be pushing it to far and it'd start to seem like advertising so I'm gonna play it safe and not lol. You could probably find it yourself anyway if you care enough to- though maybe if a staff member could respond in the comments as to whether that's allowed?)

• Like 1

Breathing is a fun and healthy way to stay alive!

Recommended By 9/10 Doctors!

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

16 hours ago, PyroDellz said:

Though minehut should definitely focus on getting more server slots first, as that effects everyone and not just those who pay- but this is definitely no small issue.

+1

I've been doing skript for 4 years and a half. I don't find my self a "better" skripter or do competitions against others.

I just wish people can just get along & just help each out and be kind to one and another.

I have been hosting ValkNet for 5 years and a half

ever since 2015 when i joined minehut around February or January.

I'm the owner of ValkyrieNetwork (known as ValkNet) | https://discord.gg/rPTYbQY

A great service that i provide for the minehut community!

Discord: https://discord.gg/6rQu2Vn

• Administrator

Hey so I totally agree and am aware with what you're saying. Our prices are set to be fair for upgrading for a couple of days a month, or just for weekends. We're going to be adding some monthly plans in there as well to make the prices more competitive with other hosts 🙂

23 minutes ago, Trent said:

Hey so I totally agree and am aware with what you're saying. Our prices are set to be fair for upgrading for a couple of days a month, or just for weekends. We're going to be adding some monthly plans in there as well to make the prices more competitive with other hosts 🙂

Alrighty, thank you. I agree that adding monthly plans as an alternative would definitely be very helpful- though I do understand why the daily plans cost so much more, thanks for clarifying.

Breathing is a fun and healthy way to stay alive!

Recommended By 9/10 Doctors!

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

On 8/12/2019 at 4:25 PM, Trent said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... when live console is not out yet...

Capture.PNG