Spectator mode wont work.

LyricFox

Question

So my Spectator mode wont work. i have not done anything to the server files except adding minehut plugins.

I have these plugins on my server:

BackToTheRoots (1.8 Pvp)

Crazy Encantments

DeathCoordinates

Emerald Tools

Essentials

Itemizer

Lockette

StoneTreasures

Trade+

Vein Miner.

The issue is that when in spectator mode. i can't fly at all. but i can in creative.

please help. Thx

18 answers to this question

@LyricFox When you say you can't fly at all, does it give some error message, is it kicking you when you try to, or do you do double space and simply nothing happens?

Breathing is a fun and healthy way to stay alive!

Recommended By 9/10 Doctors!

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

1 minute ago, LyricFox said:

@PyroDellz I just fall to the void and die

Hmmm, I've never heard of that happening before with spectator mode. Make sure that flight is enabled for your server (can be changed from the Server Properties tab.) Also make sure that you didn't just accidentally do /fly while you were in spectator or creative in which case it'd disable it.

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

1 minute ago, LyricFox said:

@PyroDellz Nope. Still doesn't work.

Have you been able to test and see if anybody else has the problem or is it just you?

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

8 minutes ago, LyricFox said:

@PyroDellz Still Doesn't Work

Huh, I'm not sure then. I'm unfamiliar with a few of those plugins so it's possible it could be one of them, but I feel like if it was there'd be some error message or something. Maybe try to fly in spectator again, but then afterwards go check your server logs in file manager to see if maybe there's something showing up in there.

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Yeah I've never seen that happen before with spectator, I'd actually suggest using your 2nd server slot (unless you're already using it) to test this. Just start downloading each of the plugins you have on your current server onto the test server one by one, and trying to do spectator mode each time so you can try and find out which one is messing it up. It's possible the error isn't related to plugins at all though- but I'm starting to run out of ideas lol.

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Alright, well- sorry we couldn't get it figured out, but I guess at the very least you know it's not a problem with plugins lol.

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Try using /gmsp instead. Also, go into Danger Zone on the online panel and try repairing the files. Make sure all Skripts reload without any error messages as sometimes if they are programmed wrong they can break things.

Owner of the servers powys, gwent, merthyr, ceredigion and valkyrja.

VIP

I'm very passive-aggressive. IGN: demonitisation

4 hours ago, InfamousJackson said:

It could be that someone set up a command block to disable fly for you.

If that were the case it should display a chat message spamming you with "flight has been disabled"- unless there's gamerule SendCommandFeedback turned off

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄