ERROR.LOG!!

Erikzen

Question

I was making permissions for a role I have on my server, I kept following tutorials I found using GroupManager, and the rank could not use the commands, later on I saw in my plugins and inside GroupManager I had a ERROR.LOG I can't read it. And now when I try to make others the rank I want by using /manuadd "name" "Rank" I get this message "You can't modify a player involving a group that you don't inherit, and this is not the only problem, like for example the persons that has the rank can't use the commands I have given them. I am the owner and I have granted myself OP. Please help.

Edited by Erikzen

6 answers to this question

On 8/9/2019 at 1:23 PM, Erikzen said:

I was making permissions for a role I have on my server, I kept following tutorials I found using GroupManager, and the rank could not use the commands, later on I saw in my plugins and inside GroupManager I had a ERROR.LOG I can't read it. And now when I try to make others the rank I want by using /manuadd "name" "Rank" I get this message "You can't modify a player involving a group that you don't inherit, and this is not the only problem, like for example the persons that has the rank can't use the commands I have given them. I am the owner and I have granted myself OP. Please help.

Group manager is outdated, and that might be the problem. Also, even if that's not the problem, I would suggest Permissions Ex

18 minutes ago, Nd_ said:

Group manager is outdated, and that might be the problem. Also, even if that's not the problem, I would suggest Permissions Ex

Yeah, group manager has been outdated for a while now. Personally, I'd recommend PermissionsEx but you can also use LuckPerms if you'd like.

JR.MOD  August 1st, 2019              Reports & Appeals Team Lead  ↩              MOD  October 1st, 2019

↪  SR.MOD  August 11th, 2020

3 hours ago, Justcats12 said:

I usualy just use the /team command, message back if you want details. It's pretty easy, but some skill required

1. /team only doesn't work with plugins, and is very limited

2. This post is extremely old