What do you like and dislike about Minehut

landonhalley

Just now, landonhalley said:

Are some gen servers actually botted?

To be honest, I think that most gens servers aren't actually botted, just the some of the top servers.

• Like 1

If I helped you at all, leave a like!

IGN: _omga
Discord: omega#1000

Positive - Only host that lets you advertise for free without having to send bots and alts to other servers

Negative - One of if not the only host that suspends servers (there might be other hosts that suspend for EULA violations)

What is the largest free mh server you've seen?

16/5/21 - 53 was reached

1 minute ago, ServerCrasher said:

Positive - Only host that lets you advertise for free without having to send bots and alts to other servers

Negative - One of if not the only host that suspends servers (there might be other hosts that suspend for EULA violations)

I don't think suspending servers is necessarily a negative; minehut has rules to keep it family friendly and for ages 13 and above. Because of this, suspending servers that are in violation of the rules is necessary. (Most of the servers we suspend have inappropriate names, motds, pictures in game using item frames, etc). Other than that, we also suspend for botting since it gives servers an 'unfair advantage' per se on the server browser (also because bots aren't allowed)

First Joined: July 2015
VIP: January 2020
Jr.Mod: 1st April 2020
Mod: 16th July 2020

Info:

~ Skript Developer
~ Discord: @nicholxs#0001
~ Previous names: Nichxlxs, Deterno, iHaveSkills, Retrical

1 hour ago, nicholxs said:

I don't think suspending servers is necessarily a negative; minehut has rules to keep it family friendly and for ages 13 and above. Because of this, suspending servers that are in violation of the rules is necessary. (Most of the servers we suspend have inappropriate names, motds, pictures in game using item frames, etc). Other than that, we also suspend for botting since it gives servers an 'unfair advantage' per se on the server browser (also because bots aren't allowed)

Still, on other hosts you can do whatever you want. Unlimited player slots? Sure. nsfw? Sure. Edit serverproperties? Sure. Custom plugins? No problem! 1.12.2? 1.8.9? Easy!

Edited by ServerCrasher

What is the largest free mh server you've seen?

16/5/21 - 53 was reached

Positive: Easy advertisement to players within Minehut, no need to deal with server lists and stuff

Negative: Useless web GUI for managing your server, very poor price-to-performance compared to hosting on a PC or buying non-MH hosting, limited freedom to configure the server.
As for the very poor performance, I used a simple benchmark of selecting a given area and regenerating chunks with //regen -b (random number), overwriting the chunks, and then using the performance info at the end to calculate the speed. Compared to a localhost server, the free MH server was more than 10 times slower than the localhost server to generate 64 chunks with FAWE, and simply could not generate 1024 chunks due to memory limitations whereas the localhost server handled it quite well.
Also, there's basically no transparency as to what specs the server plans have other than RAM.

Positive: The access to such a large community.

Negative: The lack of diversity of gamemodes on servers recently.

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.

Positive: Good-ish community, ability to grow your server with ads, free if you do not need lots of ram or player slots.

Negative: Chat is muted way too often, limited customizability, rules for player servers/server suspensions, lack of unique game modes these days, there is enough spam in the lobbies to feed every person alive on this planet, the web panel is laggy and slow, the file manager will not let me upload or download folders, the file editor lacks line numbers, no custom plugins.

Owner of oldgaffle.minehut.gg. (my paintball server)

Owner of karted.minehut.gg. (my mario kart server)

Advocate of individual freedom, especially freedom of speech.

Cooler than Stalemate128.

I extremely like how easy it is to gain a community for your server!

Default - 5/10/2017 - 8/1/2018
[VIP] - 8/1/2018 - 11/25/2020
[HELPER] - 11/25/2020 - 3/8/2021
[MOD] - 3/8/2021 - 5/17/2021
[<3] 5/17/2021 - Now

Former Minehut Moderator.

15 hours ago, Jackson85 said:

Positive: The access to such a large community.

Negative: The lack of diversity of gamemodes on servers recently.

Also extremely agree with @Jackson85

Default - 5/10/2017 - 8/1/2018
[VIP] - 8/1/2018 - 11/25/2020
[HELPER] - 11/25/2020 - 3/8/2021
[MOD] - 3/8/2021 - 5/17/2021
[<3] 5/17/2021 - Now

Former Minehut Moderator.