Why won't our server work?

hdrtxrjsrhrszhE

Question

My friends and I have been playing on this server for a few months. For some reason, it either says "could not connect to backup servers", or it loads up, but no chunks load, our elytra stays permanently in fly mode, everything is frozen, and after awhile, it kicks us from the server. Please help.

2 answers to this question

Did you ever change the tickspeed of your server? If so, try doing this. Run the command /gamerule randomTickSpeed 3 in console while the server is online but do not join the server. And also make sure the command is exactly like this since it is case sensitive. 

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

14 hours ago, hdrtxrjsrhrszhE said:

My friends and I have been playing on this server for a few months. For some reason, it either says "could not connect to backup servers", or it loads up, but no chunks load, our elytra stays permanently in fly mode, everything is frozen, and after awhile, it kicks us from the server. Please help.

Interesting. Your server is perhaps bricked. I think that _Tarna_ has already answered this, but I'm not sure if it's possible to unbrick a server if the random tick speed was set up that high. Do you have a backup slot saved of your server? If _Tarna_'s solution doesn't work try loading a backup. I can't really think of any other reason your server might be messed up. Perhaps it's a bad entity. In that case try running "/kill @e" without the quotes. If you have some plugin like essentials that might not work so in that case do "/minecraft:kill @e". That should terminate any bad entities. If it's some command block doing it then turn off command blocks in your server settings. I think that's about it. Let us know if any of this worked or not.