Staff Application for PlexPvP (Again since I was moderator when Tastq left)

Minecraft In-Game Name: MSK_CACTUS

Previous In-Game Names: N/A

Discord Name and Tag (Ex: Pndq#2240): MSK_CACTUS#1869

How old are you? I am 15 years of age but I sound very young.

What is your time zone? EST

Do you have access to a working microphone? (yes/no): yes

Do you have the ability to record hackers?: Yes I use NVIDIA Experience which allows me to record as well as clip 5 to 20 minutes back.

What languages do you speak (fluently)?: English

General Details:

Why did you decide to apply for staff on PlexPvP?

A long time ago I used to play Minecraft all the time but I never really found a lot of servers that I was 100% satisfied with and that I can have tons of fun on so I started playing other games and didnt really play minecraft anymore since I was pretty busy with school and all. One day my friend recommended minehut to me so that we can play together in a server alone! Once he got off I started to explore minehut and looked at the top servers hoping to find fun. This is where I found the best server I literally have played on. I immediately got hooked trying to farm pumpkins for armor that was just insane and the Christmas update was just the best trying to find all the presents for special items! What really made me feel at home was getting one of the highest kill streaks to ever exist on Plex. Over the years Plex really showed me happiness and I just want to help it grow just like it helped me grow as a person. I am really excited to play Plex once again as I used to be moderator when Tastq left.

Why should we accept you over other applicants? 

I think that I am a splendid candidate because of my experience on the server and my personality. When you are a staff member you always have to be one step ahead of the players but not too far because then you wont know what they need and what they want. I have been staff on multiple servers including this one before Tastq left and something I learned is that you always have to be calm and to not panic. I also learned that if you really need help with something its ok to ask other staff members! If people start insulting you or there being a hacker on the server I know that I can not let it get to my head and affect my emotions. I know that from experience. I can also be on a lot of the time since I play a lot since the end of the school year is almost here. After school is finished with and with the upcoming of summer break I will invest all my time to make PlexPvP a better place making sure that everyone has a fun time. Since I do play a lot I always observe the staff members and how they handle things as I have had lots of experience as a player and a staff member on this server.

What are your strengths and weaknesses? 

The strength of having to try your hardest for your feelings and emotion to get in the way is very tough and that's why I have worked on controlling that to be a better person overall. Being a staff member for PlexPvP can really help me in the future jobs and with people skills. Its bigger than just Minecraft. This could effect my entire life in a very positive way with still having fun at the same time. My strength is my personality and my compassion for helping people. I don't like to see people down and very annoyed much like how people feel when a hacker is on the server etc. My strength is also my way of interaction and my intelligence of the game since I have played this game for a while. My strength is knowing the players point of views. My strengths are also that I'm very good with knowing all the commands and what they all do. Another strength I have is my friendship with some of the staff members and the positive friend relationship we have.

I believe that my main weakness is me playing other games too. I play other games but it will be a little hard to slowly play a little less in those games. I don't play many games so it will be more easier for me than others but with a little help and confidence I can do it. If I become staff that will be a big push to help me as well so that I can focus more on PlexPvP and helping it grow. I noticed that sometimes there is no staff online or that they are AFK. As of experience I have had an encounter with a hacker when there was nobody on to address the situation. If I was staff I would most likely be there to help and assist that player.

What moderation experience do you have? Explain what you learned from these experiences:

I have had many moderation experiences as I used to be a moderator for a couple of big servers. (I used to be a moderator for IDMC Network which was owned by a youtuber who was pretty popular at that time and has 1.33Million subscribers! I have learned that you should never judge anyone by their cover. Everyone is a book. Can be read by a small description and title but can never be read without opening the book to find out. I have also learned that patience is a key trait that owners will need in staff members. As I know the perspective of the players I also know what its like to be the staff member as I have been though some hard times as staff that I have gotten through with a little patience and staying calm. The best thing to do is to always focus on what's in front of you.

Have you ever been punished on Plex or any other Minecraft servers? If so, why were you punished and how did you learn from it?

I have been punished once on PlexPvP for bringing an alt account on to the server which I did not know was against the rules. Other than that I have not been punished. The closest thing to being punished is when players hackusated me in game with /report and I got SS'ed. I have learned from my mistakes by me being very careful what I do on PlexPvP so I do not break anymore rules. Instead I would like to enforce them as a staff member. As a player I still try to help players out like when people say for example, "I dont like how people kill me when I go to mine". I tell them, "There is a safe mine at spawn or you can do /caverns to be teleported there." My goal is for everyone to have a good time playing on the server like I did. My goal is to help them in any way I can no matter if I am staff or just a normal player.

What are some hobbies, activities or achievements you have outside of Minecraft?

Some hobbies I have outside of Minecraft is spending time with my family and playing basketball. I do like football and tossing one around but I know that I cant really play football competitively. Two of my obsessions is building things like Legos and model cars and I love cars. Im that type of person that loves gaming, social media, cars, and having fun in general. Another one of my hobbies is going to a trampoline park with my friends and family. I just like hanging out with them in general.

Situational Questions:

If the server is being botted, what would you do?

My first instinct would be to mute the chat and notify an admin or dev. Next I would see if all the bots have the same IP address and IP ban them which would hopefully resolve the situation. If not I would message a Senior staff, Admin, or a Dev if any of them is online and active. I would slowly try to ban them individually in /freeze so I don't get it mixed up with a real player.

If you get into an argument with a player, how would you try to resolve the situation? Would you come to terms with their side of the argument or would you just stop arguing? 

This would vary between what exactly we would be arguing about. If it was game related I would either help explain to them any problems based on my intelligence and if the issue doesn't get resolved I would suggest to them that they make a ticket in the server discord. If the problem was toward me then I would just try to see things from their side and try to be very understanding towards them and try my best to avoid any arguing. Arguing is a very immature way to do things as it solves nothing.

Tell us about a mistake you made in the past. What did you learn from this mistake and how did you deal with it?

A mistake that I made in the past is how I didn't really get to know my fellow staff members on another server and how we weren't really close at all since it was all just about being a staff member. All we did was staff member related and we didn't really just get in a call and talk. I've learned from this mistake by being on PlexPvP staff team as I talked and became friends with the other staff members!

If a staff member’s account was hacked, what would you do?

The first thing that I would do is tell the staff team as this is a very big risk to the server knowing that they could ban the players or even worse. I would ban the account so that they couldn't do anything to the server and if I couldn't ban them based on their rank being higher than mine I would simply try fixing all the problems that they leave behind until someone gets on that can help with the issue. 

You see a player claiming he was false banned on another server. He begins to talk about botting Plex. How do you react? 

First I would try to reason with him and say that he should apply to be unbanned on the forums. I would also tell him that botting the server would have not only server punishments but as well as minehut punishments as we can easily notify minehut staff members. Thus it would give us the advantage as we know his next move.

There is a player constantly saying bad things about the staff team, but they aren't technically breaking any rules? What do you do?

Expressing their opinion is unreasonable to punish them so I would try and find what started the issue. Nobody would just start bashing on a server team without a reason. I would kindly ask why they are behaving the way they are in hopes of trying to figure out why they are acting this way. If that doesn't work I would simply tell them about discord and suggest they try to sort it our there.

A player, who claims to be friends with staff, is messaging you saying he will tell his friends that you are abusing your permissions if you punish them. What do you do in this situation?

First off I would ask the staff member whom they claim to be friends with and ask if they know the player. If they say no I would take the proper disciplinary action. If they don't respond I would simply ask any other staff members if they know who the player is and even if they were the staff members friend until I know for sure they would get the proper disciplinary action.

A player messages you with your personal information. He threatens to leak it if you don't un-punish them. How would you react in this situation?

Now I know that I have to be calm but to anyone this would be their worst nightmare. This would put a lot of pressure on me but I know that I could not get my feelings and emotion in the way. The first thing I would do is notify staff immediately and I would try and sneakily found out what information he has on me. If its something I can change then I would change it all like passwords.

Anything else you would like to tell us?

I love PlexPvP and its lucky for it to be in the staff teams hands and is very fun to play and talk with the Plex community