A Critical Analysis of Minehut's Toxicity

domino

An analysis of why people are toxic. im not an expert at anything, im dumb.

Dunning-Kruger Effect
The dunning kruger effect is an explanation why incompetent people thing they are experts at a certain field.
in the beginning they understand they are incompetant, but as they begin learning, there is such a great intake of knowledge, they think they have much more knowledge than others (because they dont know, what they dont know), but as they begin to learn more they begin to hit roadblocks of misunderstanding, in which they dont understand. They finally realize the things they dont understand and they are incompetent, and now they can strive to be better. Now they can finally become better.

dk.png.76e78f2e186a61db308f931c1c348b11.png

Relation to Toxicity
how does this relate to some of the community being toxic?
when people begin making server they realise they are bad then after a while, their confidence surges. this would explain the people who think their server is great, although it may not be. these people think they are the best server creators, and nobody is better than them. Because they don't want anybody to be better than them, when a creator encroaches on being better than them, they adamantly reply with every itty bitty mistake, and inconvenience that has to do with the creator, in order to rationalize their decision that they are better than everybody else. Even if their stated issue isnt a problem. They believe they cannot be wrong, and are always right. These people are mediocre developers, server owners, etc... they are toxic, to make themself feel better about themselves, by rationalizing why others are worse than them. Although, once they actually become good, they realize, they should support others to make them better and succeed, so they can together support eachother and the community to succeed overall.  this effect is similar to the dunning kruger effect. in the beginning people think they are good, then they are not, then they actually are good.

do you think my opinion holds any merit? i dunno

Can't deny that. Certainly true

Start your Minecraft server today for as low as £0.50/weekly for up to 4 GB of RAM! (£3.50 Monthly) and be equipped for all situations with our high-performance gear keeping your servers running 24/7

Why choose Us?
• Guaranteed 99.9% Uptime
• NVMe RAID Fast Storage
• 24/7 Hosting
• Instant Setup
• 50% Discount. Use Code: 50OFF (Ends on November 11th)

We want to ensure our customers are happy with the service they received and support. We aim to provide low-costs those who cant afford a minecraft server. No extra costs, no setup fees! One-time payment and you are good to go with our instant setup feature we introduced to ensure your server is ready to go!

Planning to make a community or a project you want to work on? We got you covered! Our servers are optimized for performance and security, so you can have peace of mind and focus on your project. Our servers are also reliable and packed with features, so you can start playing right away.

We guarantee 99% uptime and 24/7 customer support, so you can always ask for help if you need it.

Links:
https://forums.valknet.org
https://billing.valknet.org
Invite: https://discord.gg/FqSRt4ZCAC

• 3 months later...
People need to learn how to listen before they can become adept at anything.

Not listening when someone is explaining how you're wrong, and can provide actual proof, and you're just ignoring everything they say and repeating the same arguments over and over and over again? You're probably not going to get very far. So much for being a quick learner!

There are far too many on Minehut who think they've become good, but they're actually pretty unskilled and inexperienced, and too hardheaded to listen when people try to offer them constructive feedback. They listen to flatterers who will sink their server in a few weeks' time, but will be rude towards people offering them solid advice, even offering references (from official sources) to back up the feedback they're providing.

Minehut is a small pond. While I encourage people to try out MC Server Ownership in such a small, controlled setting, I wouldn't advise anyone to really get their hopes up for a server whose staff personify maturity, professionalism and integrity. I'll think twice before ever again donating even $5 (let alone more) to a sub-server whose owner's intelligence I haven't really seen evidence of for at least a few weeks or so.

When you find the six or so good servers on Minehut, don't do anything to screw it up for yourself, because it isn't like there's a whole ton of good servers to choose from. I'm holding on tight to the six I found, because all everyone else seems to be trying to do is to use their server to provide live examples of what a bad server (or bad business model) looks like.

Don't even get me started on the kind of head case who accepts my money in PayPal, who lets me hype his server/service to other Minehut users, then bans me from his forums for a legit (allegedly "trolly") staff app that literally outlined 15+ years of Online Community administration, web development and entrepreneurial experience.

The guy was just a scumbag, no way around it. He wasn't the first scumbag, I'm sure he won't be the last. He definitely won't ruin me on continuing to look for actual promising talent on Minehut to support and contribute towards.

"We are all works in progress. Some of us are just
working a little harder at it than others around us may be."

Discord: Muse#0002
MC Name: XARXU
————————————————————

Minehut Member: 2018-2021
[VIP] - 2019-2021
Server Owner - 2019-2021
Valued Customer - ???
————————————————————
“To earn the respect (and eventually love) of your customers, you first have to respect those customers. That is why Golden Rule behavior is embraced by most of the winning companies.”
– Colleen Barrett