Friend can't join server

haydenisaclown2005

Question

I have a whitelisted server, and my friend was wanting to join. I whitelisted him on the server, but when he did the /join command in the lobby, he was told that he wasn't whitelisted. I checked the whitelisted players list, and his username was there. I tried sending the command from my dashboard, he tried changing his versions, and nothing would work. Anything we can do about it?

8 answers to this question

What version of minecraft is he on?

Bedrock or Java?

If I helped you let me know by leaving a "Thanks" reaction!thanks.gif.da139129ec38204550844760066ee4c5.gif
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Some Important Minehut Links

Server RulesStaff ApplicationNews + UpdatesReportsAppeals
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

If you would like to speak to me either dm me on discord [StrxmyLive#0001]
Or through the forums page on the top right of your page!

mhtuttu.png.c9ee3ad4ac7d2440a8b32742c03e7328.png

Have you tried doing /op <username> and then your friend tries joining again?

If not then try turn off whitelist let them join and then turn it on!

If I helped you let me know by leaving a "Thanks" reaction!thanks.gif.da139129ec38204550844760066ee4c5.gif

6 minutes ago, LuminousV2 said:

Have you tried doing /op <username> and then your friend tries joining again?

If not then try turn off whitelist let them join and then turn it on!

We made him a server operator, and that didn't work. We turned whitelist off, and he was able to join. We turned it off and he wasn't kicked. But after he left, he couldn't rejoin.

Just now, haydenisaclown2005 said:

We made him a server operator, and that didn't work. We turned whitelist off, and he was able to join. We turned it off and he wasn't kicked. But after he left, he couldn't rejoin.

Okay so I would like to test this more!

Can you /msg LuminousV2 the server ip and also whitelist LuminousV2 and then I will try join!

On 2/14/2021 at 10:31 PM, ajredhead425 said:

same thing to me any solution?

What i did on my server, is to turn off the whitelist, let my friend join, add him to the whitelist while he's online, and then turn the whitelist back on. that worked for me.