Can't change the difficulty in the nether

SicaTi

Question

So I've had this problem for a few days now. No matter what I do, I cannot change the difficulty in the nether. I've asked my op'd friends to change it, I tried using the dashboard commands or changing it in dashboard settings, nope. Nothing works. I noticed a few other people have the same issue but I haven't seen it solved so... anyone has any idea what's going on?

I'd like to add I was able to do it a month back easily with in-game commands. I don't know what happened.

image.png.532bca3ec022198f6a4a3228b24e7696.pngimage.png.f5531aa3dddad25b49dd188335695a15.png

Edited by SicaTi

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, SicaTi said:

So I've had this problem for a few days now. No matter what I do, I cannot change the difficulty in the nether. I've asked my op'd friends to change it, I tried using the dashboard commands or changing it in dashboard settings, nope. Nothing works. I noticed a few other people have the same issue but I haven't seen it solved so... anyone has any idea what's going on?

I'd like to add I was able to do it a month back easily with in-game commands. I don't know what happened.

image.png.532bca3ec022198f6a4a3228b24e7696.pngimage.png.f5531aa3dddad25b49dd188335695a15.png

Do you have the plugin Multiverse-Core installed?

If this is the case, from my understanding Multiverse overwrites the default difficulties.

You can alter the Multiverse world difficulty by going to your file manager:

plugins > multiverse > worlds > scroll to the desired world and look for difficulty

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Please leave a reaction if my assistance was satisfactory!

2 minutes ago, iOmega__ said:

Do you have the plugin Multiverse-Core installed?

If this is the case, from my understanding Multiverse overwrites the default difficulties.

You can alter the Multiverse world difficulty by going to your file manager:

plugins > multiverse > worlds > scroll to the desired world and look for difficulty

As far as I'm aware, I don't have it installed :0 although I'll try to install it to see if it changes anything

Just now, Kanonkorven said:

You can  probably change go in to your own mc world and set it to what ever you want and then put it in the nether folder instead of the servers nether. Tho this will create a new nether but may help  

Unfortunately it's a world me and my friends had been playing on for a few months now and nobody would be really too happy abt a new nether 😕