Orebfuscator not working.

BaconFartzz

I have installed Orebfuscator on my server to stop x-raying and it doesn't load properly. I went into the server logs and this is what is says

[02:03:43] [Server thread/INFO]: [Orebfuscator4] Enabling Orebfuscator4 v4.4.3
[02:03:43] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling Orebfuscator4 v4.4.3 (Is it up to date?)
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at com.lishid.orebfuscator.utils.MaterialHelper.init(MaterialHelper.java:24) ~[?:?]
    at com.lishid.orebfuscator.Orebfuscator.onEnable(Orebfuscator.java:70) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:263) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:380) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:476) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:501) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:415) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:207) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:935) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.lambda$a$0(MinecraftServer.java:173) ~[server.jar:git-Paper-"36d7de3"]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_212]
[02:03:43] [Server thread/INFO]: [Orebfuscator4] Disabling Orebfuscator4 v4.4.3
[02:03:43] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while disabling Orebfuscator4 v4.4.3 (Is it up to date?)
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at com.lishid.orebfuscator.cache.ObfuscatedDataCache.getInternalCache(ObfuscatedDataCache.java:40) ~[?:?]
    at com.lishid.orebfuscator.cache.ObfuscatedDataCache.closeCacheFiles(ObfuscatedDataCache.java:66) ~[?:?]
    at com.lishid.orebfuscator.Orebfuscator.onDisable(Orebfuscator.java:172) ~[?:?]

I am guessing it needs updating so plz update but if I am wrong please tell me. I play on a free server and just want to stop people x-raying. If they need to update the plugin please tell me how to tell them to update it, if it is something else please tell me.

Here is the link to the plugin https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/orebfuscator.22818/

Edited by BaconFartzz

• Administrator

It looks like we have the latest version of the plugin in the panel, but the plugin is outdated. I'll look into whether there is an updated version somewhere else or if we should remove it.

Fortunately, there are still other options for anti-xray though. As of a few months ago, you can now edit the paper.yml file on your server which has configuration for enabling built-in server anti-xray.

Read: https://paper.readthedocs.io/en/latest/server/configuration.html#anti-xray

Hope that helps! 🙂

• Administrator
17 hours ago, BaconFartzz said:

Thankyou for informing me of this. I tried to work in the server built in one but it still doesn't work with this texturepack https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/texture-packs/xray-ultimate-1-11-compatible/download. Here are the settings: 

-snip-

For some reason with the texture pack on I can still x-ray. Please tell me if I have something wrong.

Engine mode 1 only hides blocks that are not exposed to air, and engine mode 2 replaces all obscured blocks underground  with random blocks. With mode 1, you'll still be able to see *some* blocks, but most of them are hidden. If that's not enough for you, try mode 2.

For more information I'd recommend reading this because it's quite informative:

https://gist.github.com/stonar96/ba18568bd91e5afd590e8038d14e245e