How to link your chat with DiscordSRV

UntitledGoose

M I N E H U T  C O M M U N I T Y  F A Q

HOW TO LINK YOUR CHAT WITH DISCORDSRV

REQUIREMENTS: DiscordSRV
DIFFICULTY: Medium

Introduction

With DiscordSRV, you can link a discord channel with Minecraft chat, so Discord chat is sent to Minecraft and Minecraft chat is sent to Discord. It may also be used for live console in a discord channel.

Creating a Discord bot

Before we do anything on our server, you’ll need to create a Discord bot for DiscordSRV to use.

1. Go to https://discord.com/developers/applications/ (must be signed into Discord) and click “Create New Application”. Choose a name for your application and then click “Create”.

2. Under the “Settings” tab, click "Bot”, then click “Add Bot” and confirm the creation of the bot by clicking “Yes, do it!”

3. Now, you’ve created a bot, you may customize the avatar and name if you like.

4. Copy your bot’s token by clicking the button labeled “Copy”

5. Make sure to keep “PUBLIC BOT” unchecked so people other than yourself can’t invite your bot to other servers, and enable “SERVER MEMBERS INTENT” so you don’t run into issues with DiscordSRV later.

tCXQ5kyLMpZWl5mN2fjqbzZuRpRpvcFUjvHH45ETjnpjglI-qREBw0NE9Tcwlan7Hr185UQk2NkZ3ivhxF1JTqjHJeIT23KaOqpyds21P2x3VDo_y9aiZmBlB9-M-Y6U7I79Y_p0

Now, we’ll wanna invite your bot to your server:

1. Under the “Settings” tab, check “bot” in the scopes list, and then give your bot the permissions “Send Messages” and “View Channel” in the Bot Permissions list.

2. Discord will give you a long link, click “Copy” to copy the link, and then go to that link in your browser.

3. You’ll be brought to a page where you can invite your bot to a server, select a server from the list of servers, and then click “Continue”. Then, confirm your decision by clicking “Authorize”.

Rn6JDnSPkcgRjCPP0kYDY0ksSxpD-KR5ahl-RF8smQyWFIpxD0gNhhU8trRTjjemgVDJJp_tkx2rC8PsbE_HSU9YaZJ8kySIYYe62nrvfa03ZPVFi6LKEraVE5my4amlPZhJW62N

Setting up DiscordSRV

Go to your server’s panel, and install the plugin named “DiscordSRV”, and restart your server. (View this CFAQ if you’re unsure how to install plugins)

Navigate to your file manager and head to DiscordSRV’s config.yml file (located at “plugins/DiscordSRV/config.yml”), here we’ll wanna add in some values like our token and our channel IDs:

1. Find the field labeled “BotToken” and set the value to the bot token you copied earlier. Your end result should look like ‘BotToken: “my token”’

2. Now open Discord, and navigate to Settings > Appearance > Advanced, and enable Developer Mode.

3. Close settings, and find the channel you want Minecraft chat to appear in. Right click the channel, and click Copy ID.

4. Now, go back to your config.yml file, and search for the Channels option. Replace 000000000000000000 with the channel ID you copied.

5. Restart your server.

Require further assistance?

If you need more help on this topic, head over to this section of forums, or join our Discord!

📎  https://youtu.be/P-4s_mgxxlo

Compiled by the Minehut Staff Team

• Like 2

VIP since January 7th, 2020

Support since September 19th, 2020

Helper since November 3rd, 2020

Moderator since March 8th, 2021

unknown.png

5.png.e14b1bf83edf0ac2edc1bfb822177184.png

image.png.fe30b7b2c0be5a541ba4ed2187b23030.png

• UntitledGoose changed the title to How to link your chat with DiscordSRV

Great tutorial, goose!!

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png

• chillins changed the title to How to link your chat with DiscordSRV
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, ZeusYNick said:

HELP WHY CAN I NOT EDIT THE DISCORDSRV FILE PLEASE HELP

image.png.d4f1e670fcae34781d6877aeddda1d55.png

image.png

There currently is no option to alter, open, or edit any .jar files. This isn't a bug. Minehut just currently does not support this.

If I have helped you out in your post or you liked what I posted, please upvote and react to my post! It helps me a lot!

Some Minehut Links:

Server Rules • Staff Applications • News & Updates • Reports • Appeals

Minehut: VIP (07/04/2021 --> Current)
Elestra/Versa Realms: Manager (12/04/2021 --> Current)

If you have any questions contact me!
My Discord: BanditEagle#2481
My Spigot Profile: https://www.spigotmc.org/members/banditeagle.935281/
My IGN: BanditEagle

1 hour ago, ZeusYNick said:

HELP WHY CAN I NOT EDIT THE DISCORDSRV FILE PLEASE HELP

image.png.d4f1e670fcae34781d6877aeddda1d55.png

image.png

If you want to change the settings, you have to look for the plugin folder where the config files and things are located, you can't open .jar files, that is the plugin itself, nothing you can edit there.

[<3]

DMs open - Discord » mrtibo | or send a forum message

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...