How to reduce lag on your server

PandaChan

M I N E H U T  C O M M U N I T Y  F A Q

HOW TO RECUDE LAG ON YOUR SERVER
DIFFICULTY: EASY

Lag is something all Minecraft players know, whether this is FPS lag or server sided lag, we’re all familiar with it. This post will help you reduce lag on Minehut servers!

Our first goal is figuring out what’s causing the lag issues. Usually a good indication of lag is our ping, this can be seen by pressing the tab button, if the bars are full your ping is low, if there’s not a lot of bars your ping is high which isn’t a good thing. This can be because of your internet, your location or it’s just a simple issue on Minehut’s end. You can try relogging, restarting your internet or PC to see if this improves your ping.

Now let’s say ping isn’t the issue here, your server is having serious lag issues because of something else. A few questions could help out a lot with finding the best solution for the issues.

Do you have a lot of plugins or just a few plugins that are heavy? Servers that have a lot of plugins can lag out quite a bit, try deleting plugins that you don’t need or recreating a few with Skripts. A good place to find plugins created with Skript is http://skriptify.xyz/scripts 

Do you have a lot of players on at once? The more players on your server the more it will lag, this can be because of chunks loading or a lot of items being dropped. There’s a few solutions for this:

• You can try installing a clearlag plugin which removes all entities every few minutes.

• You can try lowering the server’s render distance as well, this means less chunks will get loaded in by each user, you can do this on the panel under the settings tab. 

• If you plan on having a lot of players on your server, your best bet is getting a server plan, server plans come with RAM which can help lessen the lag a bit.

NOTE: If you have EssentialsX you can run the /memory command to see how much memory you have left, which can tell you whether it’s a good idea to get a server plan or not.
image.png.756a6bf34a4ad0303433925d51f50d19.png

Want to go more advanced?:

You can also check out your timings report, this shows how well your server is processing everything going on, it can also show what’s causing the lag. Check out this CFAQ about how to get these timings and how to read what it says https://forums.minehut.com/topic/27419-how-to-retrieve-and-read-timings-report/

Require further assistance?:

If you need more help on this topic, head over to this section of forums, or join our Discord!

Compiled by the Minehut Staff Team

• Like 3

IGN: PandaChan

Discord: PundaChen

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PundaChen 

Great tutorial 👏

• Thanks 1

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png

Nice

• Thanks 1

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

Incredible CFAQ, Panda!

• Thanks 1

𝚄𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: @𝕌𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕#𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟙

News & Updates  Rules • Helper Application

Reports • Appeals

𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚏𝚏 𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚑𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟹𝟶𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶

• 3 weeks later...