Optifine (1.16.4)

ChikenIV

Question

I've noticed that a private minehut server will not load if you are using a version of optifine rather than the minecraft launcher version. I know it's a mod to the client so technically it isn't allowed but it's really only used for shaders. All my shaders run through optifine and I want to use them on my server, is there any way to do that or will I keep getting thrown into the main minehut lobby?

3 answers to this question

On 12/14/2020 at 4:49 AM, PandaChan said:

Servers should work fine with Optifine, could you show the error you're getting after joining with it?

I'm not getting any sort of error, it just does not let me join my servers world. I get put within the main lobby of minehut (as if you were joining without the server being online).

26 minutes ago, ChikenIV said:

I'm not getting any sort of error, it just does not let me join my servers world. I get put within the main lobby of minehut (as if you were joining without the server being online).

Does it say anything in chat when you try doing /join (server name)? Make sure you are on 1.16.4 because all Minehut servers are on that version. Or you can get a plugin like ProtocolSupport to be able to join with older versions. 

Discord - Tarna256#8675

In-game name - _Tarna_

Follow @Tarna_256 on Twitter

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png