Minehut Needs a Queue System

Sh0ot

Minehut has seen consistent downtime whenever it hits a milestone for the past year now, and I think this wouldnt be as big of an issue with a queue system for servers. It would work kind of like server.pro's queue system, and premium servers (servers with paid plans), will have a priority queue to start up quicker. This will be good for the health of minehut, as well as super leagues profits, as assumedly people would probably pay to get their server past the queue.

Just a suggestion, take from it what you will.

• Confused 1

If you haven't realised already, minehut is not P2W. If this was added then it would break Minecraft's TOS and would make minehut P2W.

Edited by BallxIsHot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

IGN - BallxIsHot

Discord - BallxIsHot#9687

GitHub - https://github.com/ballxishot

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR2zou2SxdKNA_Q_zvrkLlg?

If I Helped You With A Problem Please Leave A Like!

66977686_MinehutLovev2.jpg.8f7949c63a7592280b819b0eb75b0bd0.jpg

8 hours ago, BallxIsHot said:

If you haven't realised already, minehut is not P2W. If this was added then it would break Minecraft's TOS and would make minehut P2W.

Thats not P2W? Minecraft's TOS states that you cant give out in-game items for money (like diamonds, bedrock, etc). A server queue would have nothing to do with Mojang, so its not P2W.

2 hours ago, snazzeh said:

Thats not P2W? Minecraft's TOS states that you cant give out in-game items for money (like diamonds, bedrock, etc). A server queue would have nothing to do with Mojang, so its not P2W.

This is Pay to Win, because if minehut decided to add a priority queue and everyone's trying to join then the server would become P2W and this would break Minecraft's TOS. So this would not be a good choice to do. Everyone else understands this obviously, because unlike others we read the TOS.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, rxd_4277 said:

This is Pay to Win, because if minehut decided to add a priority queue and everyone's trying to join then the server would become P2W and this would break Minecraft's TOS. So this would not be a good choice to do. Everyone else understands this obviously, because unlike others we read the TOS.

In that case, Hypixel would be violating TOS as you have to wait in a queue to play if you're a default. VIPs and above skip the queue...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snazzeh said:

In that case, Hypixel would be violating TOS as you have to wait in a queue to play if you're a default. VIPs and above skip the queue...

This is false. Hypixel does not have a queue where you wait. It's 24/7 and there is no priority queue. I skip the queue and I have no rank. This is therefore false.

21 minutes ago, rxd_4277 said:

This is false. Hypixel does not have a queue where you wait. It's 24/7 and there is no priority queue. I skip the queue and I have no rank. This is therefore false.

You might wanna try logging in during a high activity time when their playercount is maxed bud. There is a long queue when that happens. I have mvp+ and i have a friend thats default and I've even gotten in the queue myself including him.

2016 Player

Discord: Artifacting#0001

Legend Rank

Professional Idiot

Mod @ ArUwU

Like Emily said, the admins won't be adding a queue. No queue is one of those 'features' that make Minehut enticing compared to other server hosts that implement a queue.

• Like 1

VIP since January 7th, 2020

Support since September 19th, 2020

Helper since November 3rd, 2020

Moderator since March 8th, 2021

unknown.png

5.png.e14b1bf83edf0ac2edc1bfb822177184.png

image.png.fe30b7b2c0be5a541ba4ed2187b23030.png

22 hours ago, CasualFry said:

You might wanna try logging in during a high activity time when their playercount is maxed bud. There is a long queue when that happens. I have mvp+ and i have a friend thats default and I've even gotten in the queue myself including him.

Well thats complete BS bud...
I've looked on multiple pages of the Hypixel forums and you can bypass the queue simply by purchasing VIP or higher. (Or at least get higher priority!)

https://hypixel.net/threads/queue.2867781/

https://hypixel.net/threads/absurd-waiting-queues-for-non-rank-players.2292787/

22 hours ago, rxd_4277 said:

Literally search it up.. There is a queue which is used when Hypixel has a large amount of players online. Donators will get queue priority while nons do not.

They are working on other things to help better improve the performance of Minehut, especially considering Minehut has been growing at an incredible rate.

Default - 5/10/2017 - 8/1/2018
[VIP] - 8/1/2018 - 11/25/2020
[HELPER] - 11/25/2020 - 3/8/2021
[MOD] - 3/8/2021 - 5/17/2021
[<3] 5/17/2021 - Now

Former Minehut Moderator.

1 hour ago, snazzeh said:

...?
You said that there is no priority queue, but there is....

No, I said that It would get full and even ranks would get queued, thats offtopic on this thread, minehut doesnt need a queue its hardware is good and other things Tigero9 said. 

2016 Player

Legend Rank

Professional Idiot

Mod @ ArUwU

12 hours ago, CasualFry said:

No, I said that It would get full and even ranks would get queued, thats offtopic on this thread, minehut doesnt need a queue its hardware is good and other things Tigero9 said. 

Yes, but ranks get a higher priority. I agree with Tigero9 though.

44 minutes ago, Nitrogen said:

I personally think we need a queue system going forward (not for servers) but for joining the network - When minehut reaches around 10K players online we'd need a queue to prevent lag a bit like hypixel, Especially including the fact that minehut is growing at a large rate.

This has also been said by staff and admins that when they need to they upgrade. Didn't they just add a proxy or deploy a lag fix like a few weeks ago

2016 Player

Legend Rank

Professional Idiot

Mod @ ArUwU

1 minute ago, Nitrogen said:

All they did was reboot the proxy - I don't believe they added anymore proxies

Look in #announcements in the minehut discord. I remeber exactly what  they did but trent mentioned it there a while back

Edited by CasualFry

2016 Player

Legend Rank

Professional Idiot

Mod @ ArUwU

Just now, Nitrogen said:

I've looked through #announcements & cannot find any post saying they've added anymore proxies.

idk. he said something last month about performance updates or somethings but they are doing things we don't know about in the background

2016 Player

Legend Rank

Professional Idiot

Mod @ ArUwU

Hey, this post seems to be gaining a lot of attention so I'd thought I'd leave my opinion on it. 

On 12/13/2020 at 10:14 PM, Sh0ot said:

Minehut has seen consistent downtime whenever it hits a milestone for the past year now

• Only recently we've been spiking routinely and to a huge extent. This insane growth in playerbase has definitely left us with a few affairs such as downtime & increased lag that has to be alternated as soon as possible. We've been looking into more impactful ways we can improve the performance of Minehut to accustom the new rises in players. We understand a queue system seems like it would benefit the performance & accessibility of Minehut as of right now but there are a lot of other methods we would rather evaluate before starting to consider this idea.

On 12/13/2020 at 10:14 PM, Sh0ot said:

This will be good for the health of minehut, as well as super leagues profits, as assumedly people would probably pay to get their server past the queue.

• There's a good balance between player sustainability & money at the moment. Implementing this would risk one of these factors in order to benefit another. I'm not sure we would be prepared to risk that. I take no notice of SLG & Minehut's income nor does it really concern me. We are going to continue to increase our server performance to correspond better with the spike in players, this definitely isn't something that will change over night tho.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:20 AM, snazzeh said:

• There is actually quite a lot of other factors to EULA than the ones you've stated. EULA covers anything that gives a player an unfair advantage through the ability of purchasing. I believe allowing ranked users to bypass a queue system would fall under this. 

1 hour ago, Nitrogen said:

Also an Anti-AFK would help with lag, A lot of people just leave their computers on overnight on gen servers like SpaceGen, FastGens etc, lets say you haven't moved within 2 hours it'll kick you from the network with the reason "AFK for over 2 hours."

• What players do on their own server is up to them. We can't enforce ANTI-AFK's towards users on player servers. From my knowledge AFK'ing on gen servers is a huge fraction of the game. To make progression within a Gen server you need to have the ability to AFK. I've never personally myself liked Gen servers but I'm defending them in this instance as they consist of a large amount of our playerbase. Those servers are quite the trend and if we implemented something that would disrupt that we would be at a deficit in online users.

This is all the information I would like to withdraw. Going forward into 2021 we want our servers to be as great as possible. Hopefully 2021 will be Minehut's year and we can breach out to more users from across the globe and expand our qualities. If anyone would like to make a suggestion such as displayed in this thread head over to our GitHub.
https://github.com/Minehut/Meta

𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖘

VhxEDBl.png.529878f2f7856fdae0d911cde8ce12d1.png
Server Rules  Staff Applications  News & Updates
Reports  Appeals

Retired Moderator (June 30th 2020 - May 17th 2021)

1 hour ago, Nitrogen said:

Also an Anti-AFK would help with lag, A lot of people just leave their computers on overnight on gen servers like SpaceGen, FastGens etc, lets say you haven't moved within 2 hours it'll kick you from the network with the reason "AFK for over 2 hours."

Just saw this because of chillins reply. Most of the time you get kicked anyways cuz either minehut or the gen server crashes in general cuz those servers run on literal 5 tps 

2016 Player

Legend Rank

Professional Idiot

Mod @ ArUwU

4 hours ago, CasualFry said:

Just saw this because of chillins reply. Most of the time you get kicked anyways cuz either minehut or the gen server crashes in general cuz those servers run on literal 5 tps 

pardon me if i've read this wrong but I don't think a gen server crashing would kick people from the network entirely?

VIP since January 7th, 2020

Support since September 19th, 2020

Helper since November 3rd, 2020

Moderator since March 8th, 2021

unknown.png

5.png.e14b1bf83edf0ac2edc1bfb822177184.png

image.png.fe30b7b2c0be5a541ba4ed2187b23030.png