Moderator Application - liiam_

liiam

APPLICATION FORMAT

Please follow this format to the T. Do not branch out from the format. Use proper grammar and put as much detail as you can into your application. Make us want to read it. If we see that you are answering questions in one sentence or short phrases, you will be instantly denied, so don't waste your time. Average wait time for application responses is two days.

General Questions
1. IGN - liiam_

2. Timezone - GMT

3. Age (13+ only) - 16

4. Discord Name & ID (ex. Sh0ot#3984) - liiam#0007

5. What experience do you have as a staff member? - I have previously owned two servers (SkyblockAo & Civilised) on Minehut, I have been staff on one out of Minehut Server that closed down after a few months due to inactivity; Kingplots (Admin). 

6. Why would you like to be staff on LavaS - I have recently joined the server with a few mates and we have enjoyed playing the server and getting to know the community, we have ran into a few hackers on the server but they got their deserved punishments, I would also like to become a staff member as I enjoy helping out with what I can in communities and watching them grow knowing that I was a small part of it.

7. Why should we hire you over other people? - You should hire me as I have a mass amount of previous experience on the staff team, I can listen to both sides of the story and come to a fair unbiased decision, I also enjoy helping people out with their issues and making them feel more welcome to the server.

8. Have you ever hacked before (this will not affect your chances) - I used to hack on the game for a few months, I stopped hacking once I got banned from some of my favourite servers for logging on with the hacks enabled which meant I was unable to play with others who I know on those servers and from that point I don't think hacking is very smart and isn't something that should be done.

9. Have you ever been banned on any servers? If so, for what reason? Yes, I got banned for logging onto servers with hack clients enabled triggering an anti-cheat which automatically banned me.

10. Anything else we should know? (hobbies, personality, etc) - Nothing that I can think of.

Situational Questions

1. What would you do if you thought someone might be using criticals or nofall? - I would use either spectator mode or a staff mode on the server to fly around them watching to see if I can get sufficient evidence of them cheating. I will have the evidence recorded of this in case they try to appeal. After I have the evidence required for this player I will then issue them with a ban that I think is suitable for what they have done.

2. What would you do if you saw somebody flying or using speed hacks? If I saw someone flying or using speed hacks on the server I would use either spectator or a staff mode to fly around the player whilst I gather evidence of them hacking, from this I will issue them with the correct punishments depending on what they have done.

3. What would you do if someone was botting the server? - If I caught someone botting the server firstly mute either the chat or channel depending on what is getting botted, from this point I will leave the chat/channel locked for 15 minutes whilst I attempt at getting rid of as many of the bots as I can, during this I will notify a higher up of the situation we have at hand. After the 15 minutes I would unmute the chat/channel to see if it is still getting botted, if it is still going on I will mute chat/channel again whilst I get rid of the remaining bots. If this bot attack was to occur on the discord I would take further action and check for any created web hooks or extra bots they may have added to the server.

4. What would you do if someone starts spamming personal information in chat? - If someone starts posting personal information into the chat I will get either a screenshot or video for proof and then clear the chat, once the chat is cleared I will temporarily mute the player until I can verify this information with either another staff member or the victim themselves. If the information is correct I will then issue the offender with a permanent ban, if this information is false I will let the persons temporary mute expire and make other staff aware of the situation so if it happens again it can be handled accordingly. 

5. What would you do if someone says something racist or homophobic in chat? - If someone starts posting racist or homophobic slurs into the chat I will get either a screenshot or video proof of this and then clear the chat, after the chat is cleared I will then issue said person with a temporary mute and let that expire. If they carry on after the punishment has expired I will then follow up accordingly and issue said player with a ban that will give them time to think about their actions.

6. What would you do if somebody was threatening to hack the server? - If someone was threatening to hack the server I would get a screenshot or video evidence of this and send it straight to a higher up who can prepare for this attack, as they haven't actually carried out an attack and are just threatening to I can't punish the player as they haven't done anything. If said player then carries through with their attack I will ban them in game and from discord whilst a higher up is dealing with the attack so they're unable to leak any server information that they may aquire.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my application and I look forward to hearing the results.

liiam

Edited by liiam
Added more details throughout my application

• Sh0ot locked this topic