Previous In-Game Names: noahbett, CyberRyansPet

Discord Name and Tag (Ex: Pndq#2240): nouah#0195

How old are you? 14

What is your time zone? GMT

Do you have access to a working microphone? (yes/no): yes

Do you have the ability to record hackers?: yes

What languages do you speak (fluently)?: English

General Details:

Why did you decide to apply for staff on PlexPvP? Well I've been playing the server for about 3 years now and gameplay gets boring at a certain point. I'd rather help other players have a better experience than sit around in the lobby. I love helping people and being mod on a server that I really like would give mr that opportunity.

Why should we accept you over other applicants? As I said above I have been playing the server for 3 years, I know most of the other staff members and I'm really active. I also know how the server works really well. 

What are your strengths and weaknesses? 

Weaknesses;

I have some weaknesses. I get really aggravated sometimes if people are intentionally trying to irritate me, but I can usually keep it under control. Also, I can be super critical of myself. A pattern I noticed is that I often feel I could have done more, even if I have done well. A solution to this I've recently found is to stop and celebrate my achievements and this has helped to build self-esteem. But it has also helped to build relationships with other members of staff and appreciate them.

Strengths;

I've always been a natural leader. I help people make the right decisions IRL and even on Minecraft. I also am really good at making people feel heard. When someone wants their opinion to be heard I listen and respect it. I make a decision fairly. Persistence is a strength of mine as well. I can keep going hard on a project if I really want to get it done.

What moderation experience do you have? Explain what you learned from these experiences:

I often moderate different Minecraft/any other video game servers. Sometimes I'm a chat mod and others I'm an admin watching over people to see if they are doing anything sketchy or not.

Have you ever been punished on Plex or any other Minecraft servers? If so, why were you punished and how did you learn from it?

I was punished once because I was abusing something instead of reporting it to an admin. I figured out that If you flew to the top of the barrier going into the PVP you can fly in the PVP zone. I was banned from PNDQ if I recall correctly but I was soon unbanned after I showed him it was a glitch and I wasn't cheating. I learned that I just need to report stuff to the admin instead trying to abuse it for own personal gain.

What are some hobbies, activities or achievements you have outside of Minecraft?

I like coding. I participate in some Python, C++, and JS events from time to time because It's something I enjoy.

Situational Questions:

If the server is being botted, what would you do?

Well most times you can find who the bots are being sent by by tracing the IP from each individual bot. Only the admin w/ console permissions can do this though. So I would start kicking them to reduce lag on the server and give the admin time to figure it out.

If you get into an argument with a player, how would you try to resolve the situation? Would you come to terms with their side of the argument or would you just stop arguing?

As I said in my strengths I like to listen to people's opinions instead of trying to force my own upon them. So I would explain my thoughts and try to die down the situation by semi-agreeing with points I do agree with on their side of the argument.

Tell us about a mistake you made in the past. What did you learn from this mistake and how did you deal with it?

A simple mistake I made was when I was 12, I snuck out of the house from a window to go meet up with a girl. I ended up breaking my ankle and trying to hide it from my parents. They quickly figured it out and they were pretty disappointed. I learned that there is lots of time in the world and I didn't have to meet up with her at night.

If a staff member’s account was hacked, what would you do?

Well since I'm a pretty techy kid I would try to help them get it back. All the while keeping a list of the things they did so players can be unbanned/unmuted/unpunished. This would help not lose the main playerbase. The players are the reason the server is up and making money so protecting them is protecting the server.

You see a player claiming he was false banned on another server. He begins to talk about botting Plex. How do you react? 

I would send the account name and some screenshots of the messages to an admin. I would try to talk him out of it saying it's stupid or whatever. I would also try to talk to him about why he actually wants to do it.

There is a player constantly saying bad things about the staff team, but they aren't technically breaking any rules? What do you do?

I would ask them to please stop. You can make exceptions for the rules but it is technically staff disrespect and I would probably temp-mute him. Most of the time if someone is being disrespect them you can warn or mute them for staff direspect. If they keep it up it would probably be a temp-ban.

A player, who claims to be friends with staff, is messaging you saying he will tell his friends that you are abusing your permissions if you punish them. What do you do in this situation?

I would take screenshots of the DMs where the conflict is and send them to a superior. I would also try to talk to them and explain why they got their punishment. If they understand why they got their punishment most likely they won't try to get me demoted.

A player messages you with your personal information. He threatens to leak it if you don't un-punish them. How would you react in this situation?

I would try to ignore it as best as possible. I actually try to keep my personal information as hidden as possible. But in the hypothetical situation I would probably talk to minehut/discord administrators to get his account banned so it's harder for him to even try.

Anything else you would like to tell us?

Have a good day ❤️🙂

Edited by UraniumIngot
15 minutes ago, UraniumIngot said:

A simple mistake I made was when I was 12, I snuck out of the house from a window to go meet up with a girl. I ended up breaking my ankle and trying to hide it from my parents. They quickly figured it out and they were pretty disappointed. I learned that there is lots of time in the world and I didn't have to meet up with her at night.

Damn, that's a mood. 😄 

Great application, although I would recommend adding more information for the "Situation Questions". 

• Like 1

Bom Dia Hello GIF

IGN: ASFMatthew_ 

Discord: BamisTheTrucker#1108

Thank you for applying for staff on PlexPvP.

We have decided to deny your application. Please make a ticket in our Discord if you would like to know why.

Discord: Pndq#2240
In Game: Pndq

Joined Minehut - 9/25/16

Minehut Support Member - 10/6/19

Support Team Disbanded - 2/14/20

image.png.cae209fa43730fe65b7e0ac166c09aa5.png

• Pndq locked this topic