End Portal Duping Technique Not Working Properly

DeadbushFish

Question

I made a type of falling block duplicator that utilizes a certain mechanic made possible with the end portals found in the stronghold. Basically you use giant mushrooms to remove the portal frames and use a slime block mechanism that allows duplication of dragon eggs. From my understanding, the machine is able to propel the falling block a specific way with a specific timing so that the block both goes through the portal while simultaneously remaining in the Overworld. I can upload photos if this is confusing.

My issue is that for some reason (likely due to Paper), the dragon eggs aren't staying in the Overworld as they should be, they just go through the portal, defeating the purpose of the duper. If it helps, I already have the setting for allowing piston duping adjusted to "true" in the paper.yml file. I was wondering if someone who knows more about the specifics of Paper knows what setting I should be adjusting, or if this is even an issue with Paper at all. Thanks for any help you can give. 🙂

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, DeadbushFish said:

I made a type of falling block duplicator that utilizes a certain mechanic made possible with the end portals found in the stronghold. Basically you use giant mushrooms to remove the portal frames and use a slime block mechanism that allows duplication of dragon eggs. From my understanding, the machine is able to propel the falling block a specific way with a specific timing so that the block both goes through the portal while simultaneously remaining in the Overworld. I can upload photos if this is confusing.

My issue is that for some reason (likely due to Paper), the dragon eggs aren't staying in the Overworld as they should be, they just go through the portal, defeating the purpose of the duper. If it helps, I already have the setting for allowing piston duping adjusted to "true" in the paper.yml file. I was wondering if someone who knows more about the specifics of Paper knows what setting I should be adjusting, or if this is even an issue with Paper at all. Thanks for any help you can give. 🙂

I assume you tried duping in single-player/pure vanilla server?

Things have changed a lot in custom forks of Minecraft Servers which give people the ability to code and put in their own plugins for the server while some improve performance and fix bugs. BukkitAPI was the first server jar which allowed players to code and add in plugins. Some things are broken, some things are fixed. Many things have changed code wise too.

I believe that such things were broken while optimizing the game core, so if it broke in BukkitAPI/SpigotAPI, then there is no way to have it work on Paper, the way it used to work on vanilla.

This is how it was forked: Paper <- Spigot <- Bukkit.

If this thing changed in Bukkit, then there is possibly no way to recreate it on Paper itself.

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

3 hours ago, DeadbushFish said:

Yeah, tried it in a singleplayer world and worked just fine.

Thanks again for the response. That's disappointing to hear seeing as Minehut is otherwise such a good server hosting platform, aside from the awkward issues with Paper and possibly Spigot and Bukkit. Have a good one. 🙂

Think you should be able to enable this in paper.yml. There is an option in the file called allow-piston-duplication and if set to true, it allow duplications of TNT, carpets and rails and other stuff. Try seeing if enabling that enables end portal duping. 

Before editing the file, make sure the server is on offline then edit the server. Because changes to the file sometimes don't work while the server is online. 

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

15 hours ago, CoolProgrammer said:

I assume you tried duping in single-player/pure vanilla server?

Yeah, tried it in a singleplayer world and worked just fine.

Thanks again for the response. That's disappointing to hear seeing as Minehut is otherwise such a good server hosting platform, aside from the awkward issues with Paper and possibly Spigot and Bukkit. Have a good one. 🙂