Not joining to server

who_is_artis

Question

I wanted to join a friend's server which was offline, I guess, which means I couldn't just write in the full server address and join from the multiplayer screen, but had to type /join from the lobby. So I did that and waited for about 5-10 minutes, but nothing happened. I logged off, logged back on and did it again, still nothing happened. That was nearly a week ago tho, I just gave up.

I tried again now. I waited for about 5 minutes, then got thrown out of the minehut server with the message "internal exception: java.io.IOException: an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". I tried to log back on, saw my friend's server for a couple seconds, then got thrown out again with the same message, I think. I tried again and logging in timed out which I guess doesn't matter that much. But then I finally managed to get on the server and I realize there's already a person there.

My problem is that it seems I can't join the server unless someone is already on. Or I just haven't been informed about how long it's supposed to take to join a server on minehut that's offline. I don't know.

Edited by who_is_artis
Fixing my weird sentence

1 answer to this question

After doing /join <server name>, it will attempt to start the server if it isn't online. It should automatically take you to the server if its online but sometimes it doesn't and you have to do /join <server name> again. So try doing the join command again after like 3ish minutes after originally doing it.

If that doesn't work either, the server may not actually be starting and something may be wrong with it. Try telling your friend to start the server through the dashboard and see if the server even comes online. 

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png