Constant lag and extremely low TPS on paid server: Minehut player server plugin. Why?

InfiniteMending

Question

There is a very important issue with Minehut that I have encountered repeatedly in the past and it has now reached the threshold of unacceptable. I co-own a paid Minehut server with a friend. We have the MH75 paid plan which offers 6GB of ram. The server is relatively command-block heavy and there are a few hundred repeating command blocks always running in the background. The server is consistently reaching a TPS of 1-8, with occasional bumps up to 15 or 19. The excess of command blocks are definitely affecting the performance BUT using the /timings report command shows that the Minehut player server plugin can greatly impede performance, sometimes taking multiple gigabytes from the server. My question is why is this? The Minehut player server plugins are crippling for my server and I haven't heard many other people saying the same. What is going on?

2 answers to this question

23 hours ago, InfiniteMending said:

There is a very important issue with Minehut that I have encountered repeatedly in the past and it has now reached the threshold of unacceptable. I co-own a paid Minehut server with a friend. We have the MH75 paid plan which offers 6GB of ram. The server is relatively command-block heavy and there are a few hundred repeating command blocks always running in the background. The server is consistently reaching a TPS of 1-8, with occasional bumps up to 15 or 19. The excess of command blocks are definitely affecting the performance BUT using the /timings report command shows that the Minehut player server plugin can greatly impede performance, sometimes taking multiple gigabytes from the server. My question is why is this? The Minehut player server plugins are crippling for my server and I haven't heard many other people saying the same. What is going on?

Hey.

First of all, I'd suggest you to start using Skript instead of relying on Command Blocks for heavy tasks.

Also, RAM doesn't play a big game in server performance, so don't worry about upgrading/downgrading your plan, unless you have a big player count change. Minehut doesn't give you better CPU power over free plans (So CPU power for free plans = paid plans), and only offer more RAM. CPU power plays a big role.

PlayerServer should not affect your server performance.

Alternatively, would you mind sharing your timings report?

Edited by CoolProgrammer

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.