Previous In-Game Names: N/A

Discord Name and Tag (Ex: Pndq#2240): Obey#0001

How old are you?: 17

What is your time zone?: GMT

Do you have access to a working microphone? (yes/no): Yes

Do you have the ability to record hackers?: Indeed

What languages do you speak (fluently)?: English

General Details:

Q: Why did you decide to apply for staff on PlexPvP?
A: From the first moment I joined, the server gave me a nostalgic feeling, back to the old prison servers I started minecraft by playing. The core combat features stand out way more than they did on said prison servers, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as I have came to enjoy PvP more over the years of playing the game. The server is well rounded and balanced, and the community are pretty kind for a pvp server. I noticed that there were a few holes in timezones that I personally thought I could fill in, with my sleep schedule being whenever I like it at the moment with the vast amount of free time on my hands.

Q: Why should we accept you over other applicants?
A: I personally believe that I have a high understanding of server operations and functionality, which allows me to easily help other with server features and even if I haven't run through a new function on the server I can often estimate how it will work without needing to look too much into it, helping me reply fast and easily to players querying features. I have played the game for the last 9 years now, originally starting on MCPE, but eventually progressing to MCJE. I've experienced a large range of gamemodes and playing types, for example different server gamemodes like vanilla, prison, pvp, kitpvp, minigames networks, etc. to modded gamemodes and full custom modpacks. I've moderated mostly all of the gamemodes listed, and a few more too.

Q: What are your strengths and weaknesses?
A: My main strengths will be regarding teamwork and communication, managing to work well in a team is usually a core aspect of a moderation role within a server. I always make sure to relay any important information on to other team members, and make sure that the right actions are took for situations.

Q: What moderation experience do you have? Explain what you learned from these experiences
A: Starting with Minecraft, I already previously stated my experiences on a large range of gamemodes and server types. I have experienced the staff roles of anywhere from helper, up to administration, management, development and server owning in my last 9 years of gameplay. The size of the servers has ranged from small 20 player communities, all the way up to 10s of thousands of members.
I have also moderated in Discord servers ranging from a few hundred to a few hundred thousand, for a large range of games and community types.

Q: Have you ever been punished on Plex or any other Minecraft servers? If so, why were you punished and how did you learn from it?
A: I think a couple seasons back I was banned for Malicious Client Modifications, which was when I went around, quite immaturely, on a large range of minehut servers with the intention of being banned. From this I have learnt that the actions were not necessary and were immature, and have moved on from then.

Q: What are some hobbies, activities or achievements you have outside of Minecraft?
A: While not isolating within my household playing videogames on either my desktop or my xbox, I like to go out on my bike, on electric scooters or for walks. I have a close contact with my family, mainly with my father not being at home. I go up there anywhere from 1-4 days a week sometimes, but if i had a serious role within the team I would balance it more evenly. I also work at a Pub within the UK, as a Front of House team member, but am currently furloughed due to the 2nd lockdown within the UK

Situational Questions:

Q: If the server is being botted, what would you do?
A: Depending on the type of bot attack and my permissions, the situation would be different. If it was a chat attack then it would be best to lock the chat if possible, and if I had permissions then ip-ban the players, or individually ban each of the members. If I didn't have the permissions, then mute them instead temporarily if needed and then report to higher tier staff members to get the situation dealt with quickly and efficiently

Q: If you get into an argument with a player, how would you try to resolve the situation? Would you come to terms with their side of the argument or would you just stop arguing?
A: Try to back track and find the cause of the situation, and resolve it either by agreeing to disagree or directing the user to correct links for reporting or resolving the situation properly and professionally. If it was just a petty cause then just prefer to agree to disagree.

Q: Tell us about a mistake you made in the past. What did you learn from this mistake and how did you deal with it?
A: Joining hypixel on a hacked client, wasn't my proudest moment and got me instantly banned. From that point onwards I was cautious and careful of which server I joined on which Minecraft version.

Q: If a staff member’s account was hacked, what would you do?
A: If I had permissions to do so, ban the staff member until further notice and until the account is secured, if not try to restrict the account in any way possible, be it muting or kicking. After that, contact high enough staff to get the situation handled as fast as possible.

Q: You see a player claiming he was false banned on another server. He begins to talk about botting Plex. How do you react? 
A: Inform the user that it would be highly unnecessary, and try to persuade the player not to do so. If they persist then they will be punished for threats, and be flagged for a potential botter to other staff. Getting the correct staff together to deal with the situation quickly to not cause damage to any players or the server and keep everything running smooth will be crucial for the situation.

Q: There is a player constantly saying bad things about the staff team, but they aren't technically breaking any rules? What do you do?
A: Let the player know that they can help us improve with constructive criticism, and by suggesting ways for the team to improve. Then let them know that if there are any specific events, then they can contact administration via a ticket and try to get the situation dealt with professionally rather than slandering the staff team openly in chat.

Q: A player, who claims to be friends with staff, is messaging you saying he will tell his friends that you are abusing your permissions if you punish them. What do you do in this situation?
A: Refer the player to the rules, exact one which they are breaking, and then inform them that if they believe the punishment will be false then they are free to appeal it in the /discord server, just by opening a ticket and speaking to the correct members of management.

Q: A player messages you with your personal information. He threatens to leak it if you don't un-punish them. How would you react in this situation?
A: Personally, is not a big deal as my personal data is something I couldn't care less about, but if it were an issue then I genuinely wouldn't be sure, and would have to query administration about the situation.

Q: Anything else you would like to tell us?
A: The first run through was done half asleep, I can't lie. I have gone through the application form again and added more detail to it.

Edited by Obey_Beast_Jj_23
Updated and improved staff application with more detail, as advised from feedback.

Hey! Thank you for applying for staff on PlexPvP!

We have decided to accept your application. Please dm me on discord for further information.

• Thanks 1

Discord: Pndq#2240
In Game: Pndq

Joined Minehut - 9/25/16

Minehut Support Member - 10/6/19

Support Team Disbanded - 2/14/20

image.png.cae209fa43730fe65b7e0ac166c09aa5.png

• Pndq locked this topic